The Department of Mathematics established in the year 1986 and currently headed by Prof. U.S Hegde. Over the years the department has evolved into a team of nine well qualified, experienced faculty members comprising two doctorate holders and three pursuing Ph.D. programme. As a result of its continuous, sincere and result oriented efforts as a team, the department has been witnessing excellent results consistently and every year a good number of students are scoring cent percent. The Department of Mathematics is mainly involved in teaching activities for UG / PG Programmes. Faculty members are actively engaged in research work and have published more than 40 papers in various National/ International conferences and refereed journals and also authored various textbooks on Engineering Mathematics and Indian mathematics and astronomy. The Department of Mathematics is a recognized VTU Research Centre for the Ph.D. programme.
- To achieve academic excellence in Mathematics thus enabling students to have enhanced opportunities in the field of Mathematics and Engineering.
- To provide the students with a strong Mathematical foundation which meets the requirement in the field of industry, research and higher education.
- To provide a degree course suitable for students enabling them to apply the concepts of mathematics to students.
- To prepare students for further study and in preparing successful career in industry and R&D organization.
- To provide students with knowledge of mathematics and in preparing successful career in industry and R&D organization.
|Mr. U.S Hegde||M.Sc.||Associate Professor & HOD|
|Dr. S.K.Uma||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Professor|
|Dr.Gangadharaiah Y.H||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Professor|
|Mrs. S Uma||M.Sc.||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Chaya T.Y||M.Sc., M.Phil.,(Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Aravind P.N||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shuba R.N||M.Sc.(Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Malashri S||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Chetana M. B||M.Sc., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
- The Department of Mathematics is a recognized VTU Research Centre for the Ph.D programme.
- Many scholars are engaged in research, leading to Ph.D, Degrees.
- Three faculty members are pursuing Ph.D. at present.
- The department has produced excellent results consistently and every year a good number of students are scoring cent percent.
- The faculty members of the department are actively involved in various research activities such as guiding research scholars, publishing papers, executing funded projects, arranging and attending conferences and workshops.
- The faculty members of the Department are actively engaged in research work and have published more than 50 papers in various National/International conferences and refereed journals
- Faculty members have authored various textbooks on Engineering Mathematics and Indian mathematics and astronomy