Welcome to the Department of Information Science and Engineering at Sir.M.Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru. We started our journey in the year 1999 with an intake of 60 students. Over the last 20 years, we have grown our expertise and competence in the core field of Information Science and Engineering.
We have a strong undergraduate program in Information Science and Engineering and having approved Research Centre by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), Belagavi. At present, the department has 4 Ph.D. Research scholars. Our department hosts several National Level Conferences, Workshop, Seminars, Guest Lectures, Alumni Lectures, Faculty Development Programme (FDP), Student Development Programmes (SDP), Hackathons periodically.
The main focus of our curriculum is to impart technical knowledge and by using Innovative Teaching Learning methodologies. We motivate our students to do innovative projects and find a solution to the problems in the real world.
Our Undergraduate students are encouraged to undertake various Technical projects and internships in leading IT Industries and also in Central Government organizations like HAL, BHEL, IITs, etc.. Our department maintains active research groups for carrying out collaborative and interdisciplinary research. We have received Industrial funding for research and we are providing consultancy services.
Our department has a strong Alumni Network and our Department Alumni are working all around the globe. Our Alumni regularly visit the Department and deliver Alumni Lecture to our students. Our students are placed in good companies like Infosys, TCS, Amazon, Accenture, CTS, Robert BOSCH, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, IBM, Cisco, and Societe Generale. More than 10 Percentage of students who are passing out every year are doing their Masters in foreign Universities.
- To be a Centre of excellence in the discipline of computing.
- To create technical manpower for meeting the current and future demands of IT industry.
- We create and disseminate knowledge research and education in the theory and application of computing to better the state and nation and to equip our students to succeed and contribute to society.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals, necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problem and to prepare them for graduate studies, R&D, entrepreneurship and higher learning.
- To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of software, understand the technical specification, design and provide novel engineering solutions and efficient product designs.
- To provide exposure to emerging cutting edge technology, adequate training & opportunities to work as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skill and leadership qualities.
- To prepare the students for a successful career and work with values & social concern bridging the gap between industries and academia and to meet the requirement of Indian and multinational companies.
- To promote student awareness on life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
Name of the Faculty
|Dr. P Vijayakarthik||M.E, Ph.D.||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Sheshappa SN||Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Vanipriya CH||Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Raghav S||M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Rashmi Amardeep||MS., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Manohar R||M.Tech., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. VijayaKumara Y.M||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Suguna MK||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Byre Gowda B.K||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shanta Biradar||M.Tech., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Padmini C||M.Tech., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Smitha Patil||M.Tech.,(Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
- B.E (Information Science & Engineering) and Ph.D.
- VTU Recognized R&D Centre for pursuing Ph.D. from 2011 onwards.
|Name of the Laboratory||Major Equipment|
|Data Structures Lab Room No-011||Computers and Projector|
|Electronics &Logic design Lab Room No-117||Analog and digital Trainer kits and Projector|
|Analysis and Design of Algorithms Room No-011||Computers|
|Microprocessor Lab Room No-107B||Computers and Interfacing devises|
|Database Management System Lab Room No-111||Computers and Projector|
|File Structures Lab Room No-111||Computers and Projector|
|Software Testing Lab Room No-107A||Computers and Projector|
|Network Lab Room No-007B||Computers and Projector|
|Web Lab Room No-107A||Computers and Projector|
|C Programming Lab Room No-007A||Computers and Projector|
|Machine Learning Lab Room No-011||Computers and Projector|
|1999||Year of Establishment of ISE Department|
|2008||Mr. Kunal Ghat Kemble won the bronze model in international Taekwondo Championship held at Nepal.|
|2009||Ms. Deepthi was selected as Campus Ambassador for SONATA Software, Bengaluru.|
|2010||Received Research Centre status under VTU for pursing Ph.D Programme.|
|2011||Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) funded 6 Lakhs for setting up “Cognizant Innovate Laboratory”|
|2012||Ms. Neeta lokesh has secured university Sixth Rank and received Medal from VTU.|
|2013||Organized a National seminar on Cyber Security.|
|2014||Organized National Conference on “Emerging Technologies in Computer science (NCETCS-2014)”.|
|2015||Organized a Student Development Programme (SDP) on “Big data Analytics using Hadoop”.|
|2016||Organized faculty Development Programme(FDP)on “Advanced Java and Microprocessors”.|
|2017||Organized a Hackathon under Student Development Programme(SDP) associated with Value Pitch Technologies, Mumbai. Ms. Bhuvana has won Gold Medal in the Indo-Bangladesh Throw ball championship held at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.|
|2018||Accredited by NAAC with B++ Grade. Organized National Level Conference on Information Communication, controls and computing(NCIC3-2018) during 23-May-2018 Organized FDP on “ Machine Learning” on 23-July-2018.|
- Ms. Neeta Lokesh got 4th rank in the year 2012
|Sociate General,CGI, EY, L&T Infotech, Mu Sigma, Moon Raft, Aaryaka, TCS, Kirusa, Wipro, Torry Harris, Accenture, LE Eco system Tech, Danske IT, All State India Pvt Ltd, Sprinkler, Cyent, Micro land, Temenos, ZS Asociates, Keyoine Corporation||
|Accenture, ARICENT, Tally, EY, Sociate General, Torry Harris, Wipro, Mind Tree, Wssion Infotech, Danske IT, Continental Automative, Media.net, VM Ware, HSBC||