Welcome to the Department of Information Science and Engineering at Sir.M.Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru. We started our journey in the year 1999 with an intake of 60 students. Over the last 20 years, we have grown our expertise and competence in the core field of Information Science and Engineering.
We have a strong undergraduate program in Information Science and Engineering and having approved Research Centre by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), Belagavi. At present, the department has 4 Ph.D. Research scholars. Our department hosts several National Level Conferences, Workshop, Seminars, Guest Lectures, Alumni Lectures, Faculty Development Programme (FDP), Student Development Programmes (SDP), Hackathons periodically.
The main focus of our curriculum is to impart technical knowledge and by using Innovative Teaching Learning methodologies. We motivate our students to do innovative projects and find a solution to the problems in the real world.
Our Undergraduate students are encouraged to undertake various Technical projects and internships in leading IT Industries and also in Central Government organizations like HAL, BHEL, IITs, etc.. Our department maintains active research groups for carrying out collaborative and interdisciplinary research. We have received Industrial funding for research and we are providing consultancy services.
Our department has a strong Alumni Network and our Department Alumni are working all around the globe. Our Alumni regularly visit the Department and deliver Alumni Lecture to our students. Our students are placed in good companies like Infosys, TCS, Amazon, Accenture, CTS, Robert BOSCH, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, IBM, Cisco, and Societe Generale. More than 10 Percentage of students who are passing out every year are doing their Masters in foreign Universities.
- To empower students with knowledge and skills to develop the competency in the emerging areas of Information Technology.
- To train the students for getting Professional career in IT industry and Higher Education.
- To provide outstanding Teaching and Research environment by implementing innovative Teaching and Research Methodologies for Quality Education and Research.
- Graduates will have Prospective careers in the field of Information Technology.
- Graduates will have good Leadership Qualities, Self Learning abilities and zeal for higher studies and Research.
- Graduates will follow Ethical Practices and exhibit high level of Professionalism by participating and addressing Technical, Business and environmental challenges.
- Students will have the Knowledge of Software, Hardware, Algorithms, Modelling Networking and Application Development.
- Students will be able to Develop and Implement efficient and Secure Algorithms using Appropriate Data Structure and Database.
- Students will be able to find better solutions by using Computer Programming Languages.
Name of the Faculty
|Dr. P Vijayakarthik||M.E, Ph.D.||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Sheshappa SN||Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Vanipriya CH||Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Raghav S||M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Manohar R||M.Tech., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. VijayaKumara Y.M||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Suguna MK||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Byre Gowda B.K||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shanta Biradar||M.Tech., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Padmini C||M.Tech., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
- B.E (Information Science & Engineering) and Ph.D.
- VTU Recognized R&D Centre for pursuing Ph.D. from 2011 onwards.
|Name of the Laboratory||Major Equipment|
|Data Structures Lab Room No-011||Computers and Projector|
|Electronics &Logic design Lab Room No-117||Analog and digital Trainer kits and Projector|
|Analysis and Design of Algorithms Room No-011||Computers|
|Microprocessor Lab Room No-107B||Computers and Interfacing devises|
|Database Management System Lab Room No-111||Computers and Projector|
|File Structures Lab Room No-111||Computers and Projector|
|Software Testing Lab Room No-107A||Computers and Projector|
|Network Lab Room No-007B||Computers and Projector|
|Web Lab Room No-107A||Computers and Projector|
|C Programming Lab Room No-007A||Computers and Projector|
|Machine Learning Lab Room No-011||Computers and Projector|
|1999||Year of Establishment of ISE Department|
|2008||Mr. Kunal Ghat Kemble won the bronze model in international Taekwondo Championship held at Nepal.|
|2009||Ms. Deepthi was selected as Campus Ambassador for SONATA Software, Bengaluru.|
|2010||Received Research Centre status under VTU for pursing Ph.D Programme.|
|2011||Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) funded 6 Lakhs for setting up “Cognizant Innovate Laboratory”|
|2012||Ms. Neeta lokesh has secured university Sixth Rank and received Medal from VTU.|
|2013||Organized a National seminar on Cyber Security.|
|2014||Organized National Conference on “Emerging Technologies in Computer science (NCETCS-2014)”.|
|2015||Organized a Student Development Programme (SDP) on “Big data Analytics using Hadoop”.|
|2016||Organized faculty Development Programme(FDP)on “Advanced Java and Microprocessors”.|
|2017||Organized a Hackathon under Student Development Programme(SDP) associated with Value Pitch Technologies, Mumbai. Ms. Bhuvana has won Gold Medal in the Indo-Bangladesh Throw ball championship held at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.|
|2018||Accredited by NAAC with B++ Grade. Organized National Level Conference on Information Communication, controls and computing(NCIC3-2018) during 23-May-2018 Organized FDP on “ Machine Learning” on 23-July-2018.|
- Ms. Neeta Lokesh got 4th rank in the year 2012
|Sociate General,CGI, EY, L&T Infotech, Mu Sigma, Moon Raft, Aaryaka, TCS, Kirusa, Wipro, Torry Harris, Accenture, LE Eco system Tech, Danske IT, All State India Pvt Ltd, Sprinkler, Cyent, Micro land, Temenos, ZS Asociates, Keyoine Corporation||
|Accenture, ARICENT, Tally, EY, Sociate General, Torry Harris, Wipro, Mind Tree, Wssion Infotech, Danske IT, Continental Automative, Media.net, VM Ware, HSBC||