- Revised procedure for student to file online Anti-Ragging Affidavit: Click Here>>
- Filing Online Anti-Ragging Affidavit By Students: Click Here>>
Ragging as per UGC regulations:
Ragging as defined by UGC under Clause 3 of the Regulations, includes any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs academic activity of other student, exploiting the services of other students for completing their academic tasks, any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on any other student(s), act of physical abuse of all variants like sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts causing physical harm or danger, any abuse by spoken words, e-mails, post, public insults which includes deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to any other student(s).
UGC Regulation 2009: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hFd9k3ULRm1iDl9uyGLCOYlnJ_tiuVK5/view
AICTE Regulation 2009: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sqhtw7HXUb0gIzOxv0E-zz7L4omxrnag/view
Karnataka Government State Circular: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E5WOAwYb5M1-73NS6ubykD0ASYdohFrh/view
Responsibility of Educational Institution: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1TU3qqDfhICuklEGZWOK7U5h3mVO3d4/view
Punishment for Indulging and Abetting Ragging:
Ragging in any form is a cognizable offense under the law. Exemplary and justifiably harsh punishment to be given to those found guilty of Ragging and indulgence to ragging. Punishment at the institution level includes:
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing Scholarship/Fellowship and other benefits.
- Disqualification from appearing in any examination/evaluation process
- Withholding examination result
- Disqualification from representing in any meet, event, tournament, festival etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from hostel
- Rustication from the institution to a maximum 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent disqualification from admission in other institutions
- Collective punishment when the person(s) committing/abetting the crime is/are not identified.
Anti Ragging Committee has been constituted with the following members as indicated in the table below. Students may contact the members for assistance. The contact numbers are mentioned against their names,
|Sl. No.||Name||Department / Designation||Responsibility|
|1||Prof. Rakesh S.G.||Principal||Chairman|
|3||Dr. G.M. Krishnaiah||HoD-Chem||Member|
|4||Dr. Hariharan Nalatore||HoD-Physics||Member|
|5||Dr. Prashanth S.H.||ME||Member|
|6||Dr. Rashmi K.V.||BT||Member|
|7||Ms. Nanda Shivamoggi||EEE||Member|
|8||Mr. Elaiyaraja P.||Warden, Men’s Hostel||Member|
|9||Dr. Shantha V.||Warden, Ladies Hostel||Member|
|10||Mr. Madhukumar||Transport Manager||Member|
|11||Dr. Rajesh Y.H.||PED||Member|
|13||Mr. Prashanth B.B.||Humanities||Member|
|14||Mr. Sampath Kumar||ME||Member|
|17||Mr. Ravish P. Y||Librarian||Member|
|18||Sub-Inspector of Police||Chikkajala Police Station||Member|
Anti-Ragging Flying Squad
A special Anti-Ragging Flying Squad has been constituted to ensure that no ragging related incidents are happening in the Institute during the college hours. The committee shall be making the surprise visits in and around the campus and recommend measures in curbing the menace of ragging.