Visvesvaraya Technological University is the largest technological university with 194 colleges a total of 28 disciplines in undergraduate courses and 71 disciplines in postgraduate courses. Visvesvaraya Technical University offers full time and part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in engineering research disciplines. At Sir MVIT, the departments of Biotechnology, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Master of Computer Applications and Master of Business Administration are declared as R&D centers by the University.Check the details of the R&D Centers here:
- Candidates with PG Degree The Candidates shall possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent Degree or M.S. (Research) Degree from the University or any other University recognized by VTU, with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree.
- Candidates with UG Degree The Candidates possessing Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent recognized by the University with outstanding merit, having either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70% aggregate marks and published research papers in refereed journals or filed/ obtained patents shall also be eligible for admission, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.
- Candidates with regular mode PG Degree the Candidates shall possess MBA/ equivalent Degree from a recognized University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree.
- Candidates with Distance mode MBA Degree Candidates with MBA Degree obtained through distance mode from UGC/ DEB (formerly DEC) approved Institutions shall be allowed to register for Ph.D. as per UGC/AICTE norms on condition of two years teaching/research/corporate experience after the successful completion of their PG Degree.
- Candidates with regular mode PG Degree: The Candidates shall possess M.Sc. Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Geology or MCA and such other allied disciplines, recognized by the University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60 % aggregate marks at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree.
- Candidates with Distance mode MCA : Candidates with MCA Degree obtained through distance mode from UGC/DEB (formerly DEC) approved Institutions shall be allowed to register for Ph.D. as per UGC/AICTE norms on condition of two years teaching/research /corporate experience after the successful completion of their PG Degree.
A Candidate belonging to SC/ST/Category-I/ specially abled or any other reserved category as notified by GoK, from time to time shall have relaxation a of 5% of aggregate marks or equivalent grade in the minimum prescribed qualification level for the general category.
- University Notification for Admission to Ph.D Programme The admission to Ph.D. programmes shall be made once in an academic year by the University. The University shall call for Applications for Admissions on its website and through advertisement in at least two (02) national newspapers, of which at least one (01) shall be in the regional language, covering; (i)The procedure to be followed for Ph.D. admissions, (ii)Eligibility requirements, i.e., to be satisfied for getting admitted, (iii)Number of seats to be filled at each VTU approved Research Center, (v)VTU-ETR details: Dates, Centers, Syllabi etc., and how to apply, (vi)Calendar for pre-registration interview and other events, (vii)Information on available Scholarships, assistantships, if any.
- Submission of Applications for VTU – ETR Application from the eligible Candidates shall be submitted as follows: All eligible Candidates satisfying the requirements shall submit their applications via the web link https://jnanashodha.vtu.ac.in for VTU–ETR