If you want a career which offers diversity, scope for creativity, a dynamic environment with an increasing demand in the market then telecommunication engineering might just be your calling.
Telecommunications engineering is a part of electronics engineering which involves modelling, design, manufacturing, testing and operation of systems and the software APIs used for telecommunications. A Telecom engineer typically is given complete responsibility of constructing a telecommunication system or device. This entails that the engineer drafts the plan, design and also configure the hardware and software requirements to achieve the desired telecommunication system/device.
As one grows in this profession, he/she will also have to compile engineering project proposals to define goals, identify scope, background need and also estimate the costing of the equipment, parts and services. Analytical and problem solving skills are always an added advantage for a telecommunications engineer as identifying and analyzing problems of the existing telecommunications systems so that one can determine the most effective ways of reducing and eliminating future problems for improved communication levels. In today’s times opportunities are galore for a telecommunication professional and this trend is only expected to rise positively with the ever growing demands of the consumers and Research arena.
- To impart quality education to students with sound knowledge of fundamentals and mould them into competent Engineers to meet the needs of Engineering profession.
- To equip future professionals with techniques and knowledge to handle technical challenges in the engineering domain.
- To build outstanding professionals with high ethical standards and immense social responsibility to face global competition.
- Graduates will gain ability to identify, formulate, design and solve challenging problems in the field of Electronics and telecommunication Engineering.
- Students will gain scientific and technical knowledge to find immediate employment and also to pursue higher education in the related disciplines.
- Graduate will be receptive to emerging technologies with adequate training to work as a team in multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
- To instil graduates with strong commitment to professional ethics, social responsibility and desire for lifelong learning.
|Dr. Kavitha E||Prof. & HOD||M.E., Ph.D|
|Mrs. Savita Harkude||Associate Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)|
|Mrs. Kalaiarasi M||Associate Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)|
|Mr. Subhro Chakroborthy||Associate Professor||M.Tech., (Ph.D)|
|Mrs. Divya Rani M S||Associate Professor||M.Tech., (Ph.D)|
|Mrs. Sree Lakshmi T||Associate Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mrs. Padma Gayathri T K||Associate Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. Pradeep Kumar S||Associate Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|Ms. Sanjana C Shekar||Assistant Professor||B.E. (ECE), M.Tech.|
- The Department has 8 laboratories, Innovation/Project lab, Department Library, Seminar Hall, Adequate classrooms and other facilities.
- Laboratories are equipped with hardware, computers and software packages such as Matlab, OPTISM, Xilinx ISE, KEEL, NS2, NS3 & other required softwares.
- Classrooms are spacious, well-lit with ergonomic furniture and teaching aids like LCD projector, smart boards, etc.
- Classrooms are spacious, well-designed furniture with teaching aids like LCD projector, smart boards, etc., further well- ventilated with natural light and adequate electrical facilities.
- Department Faculties are engaged in research activities keeping pace with the latest development in Engineering and Technology.
- Department organizes events such as AADHAR, TELEPOSIUM, Guest Lectures, Workshops, seminars regularly to update the students knowledge.
- Sujay R Rao, Arvind K Ravi and Keerthan K L of Semester 6 Participated in VTU Football Tournament (Bangalore North), held at Sri Pillappa College of Engineering, Bengaluru during 21/02/18-22/02/18.
- Krishna Chaitanya of Semester 6 Participated in VTU Lawn Tennis Tournament( Bangalore North) (Interzone), held at VVCE, Mysore during 11/09/17-14/09/17.
- Sneha Sinha of Semester 6 Participated in Softball (VTU Tournament), held at Bengaluru Bengaluru during 25/12/17.
- Sneha Sinha of Semester 6 Participated in Inter college Fest ( Jyothi Nivas College), held at Jyothi Nivas College, Bengaluru during 21/02/18
- Simon Paul of Semester 6 Participated in Mr. Aadhaar, held at Sir MVIT, Bengaluru during 16/09/17
- Supria of Semester 8 Participated in Performed in an event in the Celebration of Valmiki Jayanthi, held at Vidhanasoudha, Bengaluru during 5/10/2017
- Students of Semester 8 has visited Organisation / Industry: Visited IISc on IISc Open day, IISc, on 4/3/2017
- Our Alumnus Madhu Kondur and Navaneetha Raju have joined MS Degree in the discipline Electrical Engineering in the University of the University of North Texas, US.
- Our Alumnus Jyothi Bhat has joined MS Degree in the discipline Electrical Engineering in the University of the University of Texas Arlington, US.
- Our Alumnus Aditi Atul has joined MS Degree in the discipline Electrical Engineering in the University of Volgenau School of Engineering at George Mason University, US.
- Our Alumnus Prashanth Kumar H S has joined MS Degree in the discipline MSc. Communications Engineering at the University of RWTH AACHEN University, Germany.
|Name Of The Student||Course||Branch||Rank||
|96GTET1006||Avadh Kumar T||B.E||Telecommunication||1||2000|
|1MV10TE045||Sahana S Athreya||B.E||Telecommunication||5||2014|
|YEAR||% PLACEMENT||COMPANY NAMES||HIGEST PACKAGE|
|2016-17||86%||ACCENTURE, CS, WIPRO, L&T, CGI, MIND TREE, E&Y,DANSTE IT||3.7 LAKH|
|2017-18||84%||ACCENTURE, WIPRO, MIND TREE, TOYRR, DANSKE-IT, HARRIS, MU SIGMA.||5.0 LAKH|