The Department of Computer Applications was set up in 1998 with an annual intake of 30 students and subsequently enhanced to 60 in the year 2002. The department has well-equipped laboratories with good internet facility and departmental library. The department strives to empower the students with latest technical knowledge and skills by providing them with the best teaching faculty, state of the art lab facilities, excellent research and development environment. The motivation is not just to nurture their technical skills but to inculcate dynamic professionalism to become the best software professions and entrepreneurs. The departmental forum “PRAYOG” facilitates exposure to state-of-art industrial practices. The department organizes seminar series and workshops by eminent personalities from Industry, Academia and Professional bodies to upgrade the technical and teaching skill of the staff. The department is associated with Computer Society of India, where all the MCA students and faculties possess membership, which helps them to cater to the needs of the industry by attending CSI sponsored workshop/seminars and has conducted CSI sponsored workshops on Virtualization and App building Fundamentals on Salesforce Cloud Platform. In order to build the relationship between and Industry and Academia, the department has several MOU’s, which helps the students in Internship, Projects and Placements. Every year the department organizes Inter-collegiate Technical Fest “AVYUKTA”, where the students from across the City participate in the events. The department encourages faculties and students to participate in National/International conferences to exhibit their ideas in the form of presentations and also publications in peer reviewed Journals. The department has a team of experienced and competent faculty members. Innovative teaching techniques are used in classrooms to make teaching and learning more effective and interesting. The department is producing qualified MCA graduates and has gifted to the corporate world with highly creative, dedicated and committed professionals serving in most reputed IT Companies viz., Wipro, Infosys, Cerner, Accenture, Fidelity etc.
- To develop professionals having good knowledge skills and attitude to be competent enough in the global environment, to serve the society and IT industry.
- To establish an environment for education and skill development on par with global environment.
- Providing state of art facilities, to achieve high quality in computer applications.
- To inculcate social and ethical responsibilities among the students to serve society and industry.
- Educate students to be successful computer application professional in a global environment.
- Enhance the student’s prospects for a career in academics and provide access to higher degrees by research programs and practice lifelong learning.
- Provide exposure to cutting edge technologies and training to work on multidisciplinary projects in a team.
- Develop a sense of social, ethical and professional responsibility with a capacity to demonstrate an understanding and application of the human dimension of technology and impact on mankind.
|Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||MCA, M.Phil, Ph.D.||Prof. & HOD|
|Ms. Lakshmi K||MCA, M.Phil.,||Asso. Prof.|
|Ms. Sujatha Anand||MCA, M.Phil.,||Asso. Prof.|
|Ms. Latha R||MCA, M.Phil.,||Asso. Prof.|
|Ms. Vani Harave||MCA, M.Phil.,||Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. Muthuramalingam B||MCA, M.Tech.||Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. Raghavendra Rao B.G||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. Vasantha S||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
|Ms. Sneha Bharti||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
|Ms. Komala R||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
|Workshop / Seminar||Date and Month||Programme Particulars||Resource Person||Target Audience|
|Technical Talk||24th February 2018||“Automation and Control of Metro Trains”||Mr. Muralithar Sabapathy, Assoc. Lead Engineer from Alstom Transport India Ltd., Bangalore||2nd & 4th sem MCA|
|Student Development Programme||26th , 27th & 28th March 2018 3 Days||“Testing Techniques to Test Architecture”||Ms. Sreelakshmi B.S. Chief Technology & Strategy Officer, iFocus, Bangalore||4th sem MCA|
|Project Exhibition||22nd May 2018 - 1 Day||“Tech Pro 2K18”||Dr. Prasad N. Hamsavath, Professor & Head, Dept. of Computer Applications, N.M.I.T., Bangalore||6th sem MCA|
|Technical Talk||1st September 2018 1 Day||“Blockchain Technology & It’s Applications”||Mr. Ashwin Kumar, Head of Research & Development, Proprietor, RADEL Corp., Bangalore||3rd & 4th sem MCA|
|CSI Sponsored Student Development Programme||14th to 16th November 2018 - 5 Days||App Building Fundamentals on Salesforce Cloud Platform from Salesforce.com under “Computer Society of India”||Mr. Kumara Murali, Technical Trainer, Salesforce, Bangalore||5th Sem MCA|
|CSI Sponsored Programme||29th & 30th October 2018 2 Days||Certification Programme on “Virtualization” from VMware||Mr. Sachin Kumar, Programme Manager, Asia pacific Region, VMware||MCA/CSE/ISE Final Year students|
|Cyber Security Conference - 2018
Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti, Prof. & Head - Dept. of Computer Applications & Mr. B. Muthuramalingam, Asst. Prof., Dept. of MCA along with 3rd semester MCA students attended “Cyber Security Conference - 2018” held on 9th September 2018 which was organized by Aegis School of Cyber Security at St. Joseph’s Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Well equipped Computer Labs, LAN, WiFi, Discussion Room for students.
- Discussion Room for students
- Departmental Library
- Seminar Hall
- Organized CSI sponsored 3 days workshop – “App Building fundamentals of Salesforce cloud platform” from November 14-16 2018.
- Conducted Online Certification course on “Virtualization” in collaboration with VMWare IT Academy, October 29 & 30,2018.
- MOU with RADEL CORP, Bangalore on 1st September 2018.
- Organized faculty development program on Mobile Applications from July 19-21, 2018.
- Organized Project exhibition “TechPro-2K18” on May 22, 2018.
- Organized Intercollegiate Technical fest “Ayukta” on April 11, 2018.
- Organized 2 days workshop on “Testing Techniques to Test Architecture” on March 26 & 27, 2018.
- Organized Technical Talk on “Automation and control of metro trains” on Feb 24, 2018.
|Academic Year||% Placement||Company||Highest Package|
|a) Accenture b) TCS c) Wipro d) Cerner Healthcare Solutions||3.5 Lakhs (Accenture)|
|a) Accenture b) Wipro c) Cerner Healthcare Solutions||3.6 Lakhs (Accenture)|
|a) Accenture b) TCS||3.36 Lakhs (TCS)|