The Department of Master of Computer Applications was set up in 1998 with an annual intake of 30 students and subsequently enhanced to 60 in the year 2002. The department has well-equipped laboratories with good internet facility and departmental library. The department strives to empower the students with latest technical knowledge and skills by providing them with the best teaching faculty, state of the art lab facilities, excellent research and development environment. The motivation is not just to nurture their technical skills but to inculcate dynamic professionalism to become the best software professions and entrepreneurs. The departmental forum “PRAYOG” facilitates exposure to state-of-art industrial practices. The department organizes seminar series and workshops by eminent personalities from Industry, Academia and Professional bodies to upgrade the technical and teaching skill of the staff. The department is associated with Computer Society of India, where all the MCA students and faculties possess membership, which helps them to cater to the needs of the industry by attending CSI sponsored workshop/seminars and has conducted CSI sponsored workshops on Virtualization and App building Fundamentals on Salesforce Cloud Platform. In order to build the relationship between and Industry and Academia, the department has several MOU’s, which helps the students in Internship, Projects and Placements. Every year the department organizes Inter-collegiate Technical Fest “AVYUKTA”, where the students from across the City participate in the events. The department encourages faculties and students to participate in National/International conferences to exhibit their ideas in the form of presentations and also publications in peer reviewed Journals.
The department has a team of experienced and competent faculty members. Innovative teaching techniques are used in classrooms to make teaching and learning more effective and interesting. The department is producing qualified MCA graduates and has gifted to the corporate world with highly creative, dedicated and committed professionals serving in most reputed IT Companies viz., Wipro, Infosys, Cerner, Accenture, Fidelity etc.
- To develop professionals having good knowledge skills and attitude to be competent enough in the global environment, to serve the society and IT industry.
- To establish an environment for education and skill development on par with global environment.
- Providing state of art facilities, to achieve high quality in computer applications.
- To inculcate social and ethical responsibilities among the students to serve society and industry.
- Educate students to be successful computer application professional in a global environment.
- Enhance the student’s prospects for a career in academics and provide access to higher degrees by research programs and practice lifelong learning.
- Provide exposure to cutting edge technologies and training to work on multidisciplinary projects in a team.
- Develop a sense of social, ethical and professional responsibility with a capacity to demonstrate an understanding and application of the human dimension of technology and impact on mankind.
- Our students will have a sufficient understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, analytical skills and critical thinking for a continued learning and research and to work effectively in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Our students will have the ability to design and develop software’s to meet the requirements of the industry and the society.
|Dr. C.H Vanipriya||M.E, Ph.D||Professor & HOD|
|Ms. Latha R.||MCA, M.Phil.,||Asso. Prof.|
|Ms. Vani Harave||MCA, M.Phil.,||Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. Muthuramalingam B.||MCA, M.Tech.||Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. Raghavendra Rao B.G||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. Vasantha S.||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
|Ms. Sneha Bharti||MCA||Asst. Prof.|
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) – 2 years (4 semesters)
- PhD (Computer Applications) under Research Centre affiliated by VTU.
Events Conducted Under CSI In MCA Department From 2020 to till date
|Sl No||Name of the Event||Date & Time||Resource Person|
|1||Webinar on Cyber Security Skill-Industry Expectation & Job Market||20/06/2020||Mr. Sridhar Goverdhan, Senior Director & Head of Information Security, Flipkart, Bangalore|
|2||1 day SDP on “APP Innovations Challenge”||08/10/2020||For Final sem students of BE & MCA|
|3||“Enterprise JAVA Beans & its applications||17/04/2021||Mr.Prnav Kumar, JP Morgan, Bangaluru Mr.Karthic Ramesh, Senior Developer, HCL, Bangaluru|
|4||WEBINAR on Decoding digital Distraction||12/06/2021||Sri Ananta Shayana Dasa|
|5||Online Project Exhibition organized by HOD Computer Science on 10.07.2021.||12/07/2021||For VIII Sem students|
|6||Project Exhibition held on 31.07.2021||31/07/2021||Dr. B S Murugan|
|7||A Webinar on Innovative Tools for IOT||19/01/2022||Mr. Dwarakanath GV|
|8||A Webinar on DOT NET SECURITY||21/01/2022||Mr. Shiva kumar T BMSIT|
|9||A SDP on TOOLS ON RESEARCH||12/05/2022||Dr Helen Josephine|
|10||SDP on Application of Graph Theory in Computer Science||16/05/2022||Mr Manjunath H T JNNCE , Shivmoga|
|11||SDP on CODEFIESTA Online HACATHON||18/07/2022|
|12||1 day SDP on Innovative ways of using SQL DEVELOPER TOOL||06/08/2022||Mr. Amrut T|
|13||1 day SDP on Innovative TOOLS & METHODS used in CYBERCRIME||13/08/2022||Mr. Shivakumar T BMSIT|
|14||1 day SDP on INNOVATIVE EXPERIENCE with NETBEAND IDE||07/09/2022||Dr. P Sudarshan BMSIT|
|15||1 day SDP on BOOTSTRAP||08/09/2022||Mr. Abhilash K R Software Developer|
|16||A Webinar on ANGEL INVESTMENTS – opportunity for Early Stage Entrepreneurs||30/08/2022||Dr. H Lakshmi NMIT|
Webinars/Seminars/Conferences/WorkshopsThe Department of MCA has organized a one day SDP on "Mobile Application Development" on 12/09/2023 for 2nd Semester MCA students in MCA Lab-105 @ 9:00 am
International Conference on Evolutionary Computing and Mobile Sustainable Networks (ICECMSN 2020), 20 - 21 February 2020
The Department of MCA has organized International Conference on Evolutionary Computing and Mobile Sustainable Networks (ICECMSN 2020) on 20 - 21 February 2020. Sri B.S. Bindumadhava, Scientist & Senior Director, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Bengaluru was the Chief Guest and Dr. Manu Malek, Editor in Chief, Elsevier CEE & Former Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA was the Guest of Honour. There were a total of 126 presentations with wider International participation from countries of India, South Korea, Germany, China, and Bangladesh. Sri Jawahar J Rao, Senior Solution Manager, IBM India was the Chief Guest for the Valedictory function.
Orientation, pedagogy and FDP organized at MCA Department of SIR MVIT in year 2019-20
|Workshop / Seminar||Date and Month||Programme Particulars||Resource Person||Target Audience|
|PTM||28th December 2019||Parents Teacher Meeting||Department Staff||Parents of I and III Sem MCA Students|
|Seminar||21st December 2019||Career Ventures||Mr. Chetankumar G Shetty Technical Director ,IGS India Pvt. Ltd Mr. Sreehari VenkatNarayana Sports Data Analyst,Desmotec Company Mr. Shreyas Masters in Communication and computer networks eng. at Politecnico Di Torino||I, III and V Semester MCA Students|
|Seminar||22nd November 2019||Devops||Mr. Raghavendra M. Deshpande Devops Trainer, Global Quest Technologies, Bengaluru Mr. Rajendra Kulkarni Mentor : soft skills||III and V Semester MCA Students|
|SDP||11th, 12th & 13th November 2019||Programming Skills||Mr. Raamaa G. Srinivas Technology Consultant, RICHMAN & FREELAND||I, III and V Semester MCA Students|
|Seminar||9th November 2019||Women Entrepreneurship and Leadership||Ms. Bhavan Vijay Kumar Entrepreneur||All Girls students from Sir MVIT|
|SDP||25th, 26th & 27th September 2019||Advanced Python Programming and Application Framework||Mr. Kishore Kumar S Data Engineer, Data Weave, Bengaluru Mr. R G Venkatesh Prasad Solution Architect, Akamai Technologies, Bengaluru||Registered III and V Semester MCA Students|
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) – 2 years (4 semesters)
- PhD (Computer Applications) under Research Centre affiliated by VTU.
- Well equipped Computer Labs, LAN, WiFi, Discussion Room for students.
- Discussion Room for students
- Departmental Library
- Seminar Hall
- Ch. Vanipriya , has being the session chair in the 2nd International Conference on Engineering Innovation (ICEI-2023), organized by the Jain Institute of Technology, Davanagere, India in association with Technical Institute for Engineers on 2nd June, 2023.
- Ch. Vanipriya, has reviewed a paper for Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science.
- The Department of MCA, Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru has entered a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Advwiteya Technology, A venture of ADVI Group, Choodasandra, Bengaluru on 6/01/23. This MOU will catalyze and promote development of the students and will also facilitate to conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities.
|Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||Session Chair for the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Science & Technology, Srinivasa University, Mangalore, June 18-19, 2020 Received Women Empowerment award from Shikshak Kalyan, Mumbai|
|Dr. Lakshmi K||Resource Person for the 3-day online workshop on “ Mobile Application Development using Android” organized by Department of ISE, Sir MVIT, July 15- 17, 2021. Reviewer for the International Journal, ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data.|
|R. Latha||Completed NPTEL course Python for Data science on October 10, 2020.|
Completed NPTEL course Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality on February 2020
|Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||
|Raghavendra Rao BG||
- Shiva Sahani M (1MV21MC044), a 4S student of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has been awarded best performer in the Student Skill Development Hands on Session on” Real World Machine learning Applications-Development & Deployment “ conducted by department of Mechanical Engineering, Sir MVIT from 26-06-23 to 30-06-23.
- Harshitha (1MV21MC014), a 4S student of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has been awarded Excellent performer in the Student Skill Development Hands on Session on” Real World Machine learning Applications-Development & Deployment “ conducted by department of Mechanical Engineering, Sir MVIT from 26-06-23 to 30-06-23.
- Syed Asgar Ahmed (1MV21MC056), a 4S student of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has been appointed as an Internshala Student Partner (ISP) at Internshala for the duration 22nd June 2023 to 9th August 2023.
- Syed Asgar Ahmed (1MV21MC056), a 4S student of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has successfully completed the Graduate Rotational Internship Program at The Sparks Foundation for a duration of one month from April 2023 to May 2023.
- Syed Asgar Ahmed (1MV21MC056), a 4S student of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has secured the first rank in the Hacker Rank Java contest.
- Abhishek Kumar (1MV21MC002), Harshitha K (1MV21MC014) and Shiva Sahani M (1MV21MC044) of 3S have participated in “Supercomputer’s Skeleton” event at OPEN DAY 2023 conducted by IISC, Bengaluru on 4th March 2023.
- Anupam Kumar, Rashmi Ranjan, Sushmitha L V and Vidya B J of 1S have attended a webinar on IP AWARENESS FOR NIPAM 2.0 organized by SIR MVIT-KSCST IP CELL on 18th March, 2023.
- Syed Asgar Ahmed (1MV21MC056), a 3S student of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has been appointed as the Campus Ambassador for TechGig - India’s biggest technology community. This appointment highlights Syed's leadership skills and demonstrates his ability to represent the institute and promote its values and initiatives.As the Campus Ambassador, Syed will play an important role in fostering a positive image of the institute, building relationships with other student organizations, and promoting various college events and initiatives. This is a great opportunity for Syed to develop his communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and make a positive impact on the institute and its community.
- Harshitha K (1MV21MC014) and Shiva Sahani M (1MV21MC044) of 3S won first prize in a poster presentation on CURRENT TRENDS IN INNOVATION organized by Institution Innovation Council, Sir MVIT on 13/02/2023. There were three different themes for the poster presentation namely Medical Science and Health care, Material and Manufacturing Technologies and Infrastructure. They presented a poster titled “Indian Economic Growth: Robust Infrastructure “under the Infrastructure theme. Mrs. R. Latha, Associate Professor from the department guided these students for poster presentation.
- Kiran B H (1MV21MC019) and Likitha R (1MV21MC022) of 3S won first prize in a poster presentation on CURRENT TRENDS IN INNOVATION organized by Institution Innovation Council, Sir MVIT on 13/02/2023.They presented a poster titled “Heart Disease Prediction using Machine Learning “under the Medical Science and Health care theme. Mrs. Vani Harave, Assistant Professor from the department guided these students for poster presentation.
- Umesh Chandra Reddy (1MV21MC005) and Alok Ranjan Kumar (1MV21MC003) of 3S participated in a poster presentation on CURRENT TRENDS IN INNOVATION organized by Institution Innovation Council, Sir MVIT on 13/02/2023 under the Medical Science & Health care
- Syed Asgar Ahmed (1MV21MC056), Vinay B T (1MV21MC059) of 3S participated in a poster presentation on CURRENT TRENDS IN INNOVATION organized by Institution Innovation Council, Sir MVIT on 13/02/2023 under the Materials & Manufacturing Technologies theme.
- Anilkumar K Y (1MV21MC004), Manoj Moodabagil (1MV21MC024) of 3S participated in a poster presentation on CURRENT TRENDS IN INNOVATION organized by Institution Innovation Council, Sir MVIT on 13/02/2023 under the Materials & Manufacturing Technologies theme.
- Jayesh Yadav (1MV21MC016) and Suraj Kumar Headoo (1MV21MC055), 3S MCA students have participated in 2 days workshop on Fundamentals of Internet of Things (IOT) conducted by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 8/02/23 and 9/02/23.
- Deepak S M of MCA 1S has won a runner up prize for “Poster Making” event in VERVE -2023.
- Monish B K (1MV21MC026), Somashekhara G (1MV21MC053) and Syed Asgar Ahmed (1MV21MC056) of 3rd semester have received a stipend of Rs. 8000/ per month till the end of MCA course from Advwiteya Technology, Bangalore for their excellent performance during internship period.
- Somashekhara G (1MV21MC053) of 3rd semester has won a prize in web development of “TechVistara2.0” held on 13th January 2023 conducted by GLUG and TechHub clubs of Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Harshitha K (1MV21MC014) and Nagaratna (1MV21MC028) of 3rd semester has won a 3rd and 5th prize respectively in Quiz competition of “TechVistara2.0” held on 13th January 2023 conducted by GLUG and TechHub clubs of Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Twenty students namely Abhishek Kumar, Anil Kumar K Y, Manoj Moodabagil, Syed Asgar Ahmed, Pavan S, Praneeth, Punith Kolur, Rakshitha S, Thanuja H S, Likitha R, Umashree H A, Likith, Rajat Chawda, Himanshu Bhatnagar, Sagar Agrahari, Suraj Kumar Headoo, Somashekar S M, Rakshitha S and Kiran T of 3rd semester have voluntary donated blood in a blood donation camp organized by Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore at KCDS campus on 6/01/2023.
- Ten students namely Harshitha K, Shiva sahani M, Syed Asgar Ahmed, Thanuja H S, Likitha R, Simran Sinha, Godugunuru Sai meghana, Ganesh Kodihalli, Anil K Y and Abhishek Kumar from MCA third semester have participated in a 3 day Student Development Program on “Python Coding with Application Projects & Solutions” organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering , Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru from 1/12/2022 to 3/12/2022.
- Manoj K, Manoj M, Kushal M A and Kiran B H of MCA third semester have won first prize in the BGMI event of the National Technical Fest , ELECTROGREEN ‘22 , held on 16th and 17th December 2022 organized by the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Harshitha K, Shiva sahani M,Simran Sinha and Godugunuru Sai meghana of MCA third semester have given a presentation on topic “Flower waste is a menace outside temple “ in Ideathon 2022, conducted by the Department of Biotechnology,Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru from 15/12/2022 to 17/12/2022.
|Year||Participants||Event Details||College Name|
|2020-2021||Aishwarya M M||“Deep Learning and Fuzzy Inferencing for Driver Behavior Monitoring”, in the proceedings of the International Virtual Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology, (ICAIIT- 2021).||Hindustan College of Arts & Science, Chennai|
|2020-2021||Sakshi Kumari||“Analysis of the front end frameworks and libraries in Web Development”, in the proceedings of the International Virtual Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology, (ICAIIT- 2021).||Hindustan College of Arts & Science, Chennai|
||Presented paper titled “Predicting Accuracy of Loan Using machine Learning Techniques” in the International Conference, on Research Perspectives: IOT in Hybrid Grid Integrated Renewable Energy Sources||New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|2020-2021||Shivani G||Presented paper titled ”Deep Learning for the Detection of COVID-19 using Transfer Learning and Model Integration” on International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Science & Technology International Conference||Srinivas University college of Computer Science & Information Science, Mangalore.|
|2020-2021||Bindhu||Presented paper titled ”A BI Objective Hyper-Heuristic Support Vector Machine For Big data Cyber Security” on International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Science & Technology International Conference||Srinivas University college of Computer Science & Information Science, Mangalore.|
|Year||Title of the Paper||Name of the Student||Journal|
|2020-2021||“Predicting Accuracy of Loan Using machine Learning Techniques” in the International||1.Naganandan P 2.Pavan D 3.Shubham Sharma 4.Tiyasha Dasgupta||International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology, ISSN 2456-3307, Vol.8 Issue 1, Mar 2021|
|Year||Name of Student||Details of the Course||Achievement|
|2020-2021||Naganandan P Pavan D Shubham Sharma Tiyasha Dasgupta||NPTEL-Python for Data Science||Completed NPTEL course|
- Details of Students Pursuing/Pursued Higher Studies:
|USN||Name||Year of Passing||Year of registration for higher degree||Program registered||University|
|1MV16MCA74||Nikitha B Joseph||2018||2018||Masters in Engineering(Information System Security)||Concordia University, Canada|
|1MV12MCA45||Saurav Aich||2015||2018||M.S||University of Dayton, Ohio|
|1MV09MCA52||V Sreehari||2014||2018||M.S ( Sports Analytics)||Polytechnico DiTorino University, Italy|
- Details of Entrepreneurs :
|Name||Year of Passing||Name of the Organization|
|Anoop Mishra||2007||Publicity Mantra India Ltd.|
|Vinay Solaparkar||2008||Vi2 Web Technologies|
|Prasanna Kumar||2019||Web City Technology, Bangalore|
- Details of Students Achievements in last 3 years
- Technical Competitions/Seminars/Conferences
|Year||Number of Participants||Event Details||College name|
||Gateways 2019 Date: 18,19 Sep 2019||Christ University, Bangalore|
|2018-2019||09 Poster Presentation: 1 ‘Graph Mining Algorithms, applications and challenges’ by
||National Seminar on Innovations in Science & Technology. Date:25th-28th Feb 2019||Sir MVIT, Bangalore|
|2018-2019||03 Presented a Paper titled ‘ A Study on the Tizen Operating System’
||Teleposium Date: 30th October 2018||Sir MVIT, Bangalore|
|2018-2019||03 Presented a Paper titled ‘ An Overview of System Design models’
||Teleposium Date: 30th October 2018||Sir MVIT, Bangalore|
|2018-2019||02 Presented a paper titled ’Comparative study on Classic and AJAX Web application‘
||National Conference ICRBIT-2019 Date:25th & 26th April 2019||RNSIT, Bangalore|
|2017-2018||02 Paper Presentation titled ‘ An Overview of Mobile OS and its security features’ in the Conference
||National Conference on Computer Applications & Communication Systems 2k18||BTL Institute of Technology, Bangalore.|
||ABHYUDAY4.0 Date: 22nd & 23rd MAR 2017||At MSRIT, Bangalore Prizes Won:02(Coding and Debugging) 1.Akshatha N-1MV16MCA70 2.Manikanta L-1MV16MCA73|
- Student Publications:
|Year||Title of the Paper||Name of the Student||Journal|
|2018-2019||Cryptography Encryption and Decryption file protection based on Mobile Bluetooth Proximity.||Akshay Bharadwaj -1MV16MCA10||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology Volume 06: Issue 04 April 2019 EISSN:2395-0056 PISSN:2395-0072|
- Sports and Cultural Events:
|Year||Name of the Event||Number of Participants|
|2017-2018||KHO-KHO Tournament Date: 6th & 7th April 2018 at SJCIT, Chickaballapur||01 Satish R-1MV16MCA17|
|South zone Rugby Championship n2017-18 Kurnool City, AndraPradesh on 24/09/2017||01(Runner Up) Sagar S-1MV16MCA16|
|2016-2017||South zone Senior Rugby sevens Championship held on 8th July 2017 at Bangalore||01(Runner Up) Sagar S-1MV16MCA16|
- Details of the Students Registered/Certified for NPTEL Course:
- Students Registered for NPTEL Course : 43 [2018 to Till]
|USN||Name||Title of the Course Registered||Year|
|1MV17MCA01||Akash Gupta||Data Base Management Systems||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA01||Akash Gupta||Blockchain Architecture Design and Use Cases||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA71||Akash H||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA72||Arunkumar R||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA10||N.S. Akshay Bharadwaj||Data Base Management Systems||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA72||Amit Singh||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA72||Amit Singh||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA72||Amit Singh||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA73||Ankit||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA75||Basavaraju V||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA75||Basavaraju V||Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA76||Chandan Ba||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA05||Chinmayi Suryamath||Blockchain Architecture Design and Use Cases||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA09||Rahul Anand Ray||Architectural Acoustics||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA09||Rahul Anand Ray||Problem Solving through Programming in C||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA09||Rahul Anand Ray||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA72||Gaayathri||Software testing||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA72||Gaayathri||Artificial Intelligence : Search Methods For Problem solving||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV15MCA09||Lekha T R||The Joy of Computing using Python||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV15MCA09||Lekha T R||Introduction to R Software||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA88||Navya Raj N||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA76||Nilesh Patil||Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA76||Nilesh Patil||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA12||Pallavi P||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA07||Pranavi B V||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA84||Prasannakumar S||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA84||Prasannakumar S||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2018|
|1MZ17MCA84||Prasannakumar S||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA06||Poonam Patel||Computer Networks and Internet Protocol||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA06||Poonam Patel||Software Engineering||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA11||Reshma.B||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA20||Shreedhara N Hegde||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Computer Networks and Internet Protocol||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Software Engineering||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA78||Sindhu V||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA22||Smitha S P||Blockchain Architecture Design and Use Cases||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV16MCA32||Vinayaka Bhat T A||Data Base Management Systems||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA15||Vinaya C G||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA15||Vinaya C G||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV17MCA82||Vishwanath Krishna Hegde||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2018|
|1MV18MCA53||Aruna H||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA53||Malini P||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA61||Mohammed Suhail D||Programming in Java||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA61||Mohammed Suhail D||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA63||Neha Kumari Sharma||Programming in Java||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA63||Neha Kumari Sharma||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA07||Pranavi B V||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA07||Pranavi B V||Data Mining||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA07||Pranavi B V||Big Data Computing||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA70||Rounak Sharma||Programming in Java||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA70||Rounak Sharma||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA15||Vinaya C G||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA15||Vinaya C G||Machine Learning for Engineering and Science Applications||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV18MCA82||Vishal M Honnidibbi||Machine Learning, ML||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA16||Vishal Kumar Singh||Machine Learning, ML||Jan-Mar 2019|
|1MV17MCA01||Akash Gupta||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA01||Akash Gupta||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA01||Akash Gupta||Cloud Computing||July-Dec2019|
|1MV18MCA07||Osama Imam||The Joy of Computing using Python||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA07||Osama Imam||Data Base Management System||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA07||Osama Imam||Design and analysis of algorithms||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA07||Osama Imam||Programming In Java||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA05||Md Firoz Ansari||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA05||Md Firoz Ansari||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA05||Md Firoz Ansari||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA05||Md Firoz Ansari||Software Engineering||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA06||Poonam Patel||poonam patel||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA06||Poonam Patel||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA06||Poonam Patel||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA06||Poonam Patel||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA69||Rekha R||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA69||Rekha R||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA69||Rekha R||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA69||Rekha R||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Programming in C++||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||An Introduction to Programming through C++||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Introduction to Programming in C||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Problem Solving through Programming in C||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Cloud Computing||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA13||Shreya Soni||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA12||Santosh Kumar R||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV17MCA12||Santosh Kumar R||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA57||Dhanush Kumar MV||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python||July-Dec 2019|
|1MV18MCA57||Dhanush Kumar MV||Introduction to Internet of Things||July-Dec 2019|
- Organized CSI sponsored 3 days workshop – “App Building fundamentals of Salesforce cloud platform” from November 14-16 2018.
- Conducted Online Certification course on “Virtualization” in collaboration with VMWare IT Academy, October 29 & 30,2018.
- MOU with RADEL CORP, Bangalore on 1st September 2018.
- Organized faculty development program on Mobile Applications from July 19-21, 2018.
- Organized Project exhibition “TechPro-2K18” on May 22, 2018.
- Organized Intercollegiate Technical fest “Ayukta” on April 11, 2018.
- Organized 2 days workshop on “Testing Techniques to Test Architecture” on March 26 & 27, 2018.
- Organized Technical Talk on “Automation and control of metro trains” on Feb 24, 2018.
|Mrs. Ashwini R||MCA||Programmer|
|Ms. Chandrakala R.||M.A||Clerk/Typist|
|Semesters||Study Materials Link|
|II Sem :||https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u7nyVqmeehvHW_qzG6x0E7nq5KJmuVhY|
|IV Sem :||https://drive.google.com/open?id=17EpuP1eUYT2NcFNpIyT67yWqUKGBVLyu|
|Odd Sem(Critical Subjects):||https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VHYAE36Ah9zLgCRv_dub6FBkY2C0mngI|
Dr. Ch Vani Priya, presented a paper “Communication Induced Checkpointing based Fault Tolerance Mechanism – A Review and CIAC-FTM Framework in IoT Environment” in the 2022 International Conference on Computing, Communication, and Intelligent Systems (ICCCIS).2022
R.Latha, presented a paper “Effective and Protected Software Access Authentication System” in International Conference on Engineering Innovation ICEI-2022.
R.Latha, , presented a paper “A study on Computer Networks Virtualization Tools & Its Purpose” in International Conference on Recent Advances in Science, Technology, Engineering and Management (ICRASTEM -2022).
B Muthuramalingam, published a paper on “Data Mining Technique to find Low-Cost Groceries” in the EPRA International Journal of Research & Development.
B Muthuramalingam, published a paper on “Effective File Sharing with Two Factor Authentication for Web-Based Cloud Computing Services” in International Research Journal of Modernization in Engineering Technology and Science.
Dr. Lakshmi K, “Deep Learning and Fuzzy Inferencing for Driver Behavior Monitoring”, in the proceedings of the International Virtual Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology, (ICAIIT- 2021).
Vani Harave, Sneha Bharti, “Analysis of the front end frameworks and libraries in Web Development”, in the proceedings of the International Virtual Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology, (ICAIIT- 2021).
R.Latha, Deep Learning for The Detection of COVID-19 Using Transfer Learning and Model Integration Presented in International Conference on Emergent Trends in Computer Science Technology (ICETCST - 2021) June 2021 R. Latha, “Predicting accuracy of Loan using Machine Learning Technique”, International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology, March 2021.
Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti, “Analysis of Students Performance using Learning Analytics”- Accepted for Publication in Springer Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, Vol. 53, Ch-57 - Aug 2020- Scopus
Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti, “Drug Analysis Novel Corona Virus Using Machine Learning Techniques”, Springer Edited Book, 2020- Scopus
Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti, “Prediction of Breast Cancer Ailments using Machine Learning Algorithms”, Recent Advancements in Engineering and Technology, 2020
Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti, “Learning Analytics using Machine Learning in Education Sector”, Contemporary Research in Electronics, Computing, and Mechanical Sciences, 2020
Vani Harave, “Green Computing and Green IT – The Importance of Sustaining the People ware, Initiatives, Principles with Strategies to be more IT Efficient” , Journal of Seybold Report, Sep 2020 – Scopus
Vasantha S, “Analytical Tool and Sales Forecasting Model”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), December 2020.
Raghavendra Rao B G, “Prediction classifier for Heart Disease using Machine Learning Approach”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), August 2020.
Lakshmi, Dr.T. Meyyappan ,published a paper titled “Efficient Frequent Sub Graph Mining – M in the Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems (JARDCS) Mar-19 Volume 11, 04- Scopus
Lakshmi, Dr.T. Meyyappan, published a paper titled “Compact in-memory representation of large graph databases for efficient mining of maximal frequent sub graphs. ”Concurrency Computat Pract Exper Feb, 2019 – SCI –E
Manjula Sanjay Koti, Alamma B.H,” The Role of Data. Analytics in Handling Chronic Health diseases”, International Journal of Advanced Studies of Scientific Research, pg 345-349, Vol. 3, No. 12, 2018 -– Scopus
Satheesh Kumar, Manjula Sanjay Koti, “Improved Quality of Patient Care and Data Security using Cloud Crypto System in EHR”, International Journal of Advanced Studies of Scientific Research, Pg. 169-172, Vol. 3, No. 12, 2018.- Scopus.
Manjula Sanjay Koti, Samyukta D Kumta, “Role of Intelligent Tutoring System in Enhancing the quality education”, International Journal of Advanced Studies of Scientific Research, pg 330-333, Pg.330-333, Vol. 3, No. 12, 2018.- Scopus.
Lakshmi, Dr. T.Meyyappan published a paper titled “Identification of significant nodes in communication network using maximal frequent sub graph mining” in the Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems (JARDCS) 2018 Volume 10(9) – Scopus
K.Lakshmi, Dr.T.Meyyappan presented and published a paper titled “Efficient mining of frequent subgraphs” in the IEEE International Conference on Current Trends in Advanced Computing (ICCTAC) March-2017 978-1-5090-4997-4/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE indexed in IEEE Xplore.
Manjula Sanjay Koti,“An Insight into Big Data Analytics – Methods and Application”, IEEE International Conference on Inventive Computation Technologies, August 26-27, 2016, Coimbatore, IEEEXplore, DOI: 10.1109/INVENTIVE.2016.7823269
|Student Details||Rank||Year of Graduation|
|Bindu B||VTU 2nd Rank||2021|
|Prathima A||VTU 5th Rank||2021|
|Sangeetha N. B.||VTU 9th Rank||2020|
The Research Center at Department of MCA is recognized by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. The Centre focuses on domains such, Data Mining, Big Data, and Machine Learning. The Research facilities help students and faculty to involve in Research and pursue PhD and also publish their research papers in peer reviewed Journals with high impact factor.List of Research Guides and their Specialization
|Sl.No.||Name of the Research Guide||VTU Research ID||Area of Specialization of the Research Guide||Number of Research Scholars||Details of Ph.D. Guidance to other Universities Research Scholars|
|1||Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||VTU0817134||Data Mining||3||NIL|
|2||Dr. Ch Vanipriya||VTU07192695||Machine Learning||3||NIL|
|Sl.No.||Name of the Research Scholar||Name of Guide||Title of the Research||Research Area||Status (Thesis Submitted/ Viva Voce/ Course Work Completed)|
|1||Satheesh Kumar||Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||Analysis and Reconciliation of Health care data and Security using Crypto System||Data mining||Completed Comprehensive Viva Voce|
|2||Samyukta D Kumta||Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||Improvement in education system through data mining techniques and design of edu-recommender system.||Data Mining||Completed Comprehensive Viva Voce|
|3||Alamma B.H||Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||Predictive Analytics in Health care management using Data Analytics Approach||Data Mining||Completed Comprehensive Viva Voce|
|Sl.No.||Equipment/ Software/ Facility available||Utility Area/Purpose|
|1||10 computers with high end configuration||Research centre|
|2||Qualnet 6.1 tool||Networking simulation|
|3||Access to Proquest, IEEE, Taylor & Francis, Elsevier journals||Research purpose|