Welcome to the Department of Management Studies. We, at the Department of Management Studies, aim to develop individuals holistically to acquire the essential managerial skills and talents that equip them to handle the challenging responsibilities in the dynamic corporate scenario. The department goes beyond teaching the syllabus, where students are taught through specially designed Orientation Programs, Case Discussions, Debates, Business Quiz and Seminars which form a vital part of the co-curricular activities.
The faculty members of MBA carry industry and academic experiences. The classroom sessions are made lively with teaching pedagogies such as case studies, role play, management games etc. Faculty members are specialized in Finance, Marketing and Human Resource domains and are specialists in designing and handling various events & activities to have students overall development.
In order to foster the holistic development of students, the various department forums conduct regular student activities to enrich the knowledge and skills required for each specialization.
The college website provides information on all the latest academic events happening in the college, which we hope will be helpful to you.
Thank you for visiting us.
- To become a preferred destination for quality Management Education by developing business leaders
- To provide high quality Management education through innovative teaching & learning practices.
- To transfer the knowledge of current industry practices gained by means of Industry Institute Interaction, Management Development Programs, Research and Consultancies.
- To Empower Students With Knowledge and Skill Set Required for Administrative and Managerial Positions in Government and Industry
- To Inculcate Values in Students to Function Ethically in Work Environment
- To Provide the Right Blend of Administrative, Business and Managerial Exposure to Function Efficiently in Many Domains of Management
|Dr. Sandhya S||MBA, M.Phil, Ph.D., M.Sc, PGIR, PGGC, DLL, CEP, (IISc)||Professor & HOD|
|Dr. G Srinivasa||M.B.A, M.Phil, Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Harisha B S||BBM, MBA, (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Lakshmi H||B.E, MBA, (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Tania Thomas||BCA, MBA, (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Deepthi J R||BE, MBA||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Sreelakshmi Venkata Rao||MBA (HR)||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Ashwini A||B.Com, MBA||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Kiran S||BBM, MBA||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Karthik S.V||BBM, MBA||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Prashant Bhari||LLM||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Subramani Raju||ML, MBA||Assistant Professor|
List of Events Scheduled for 4th and 2nd Semester MBA Students
|Session & Date||Name of the Resource Person||Designation||Organization||Topic||Target Audience|
|Guest lecture 2nd May 16th May||Dr. Visveshvara sastry||Professor||Presidency University, Bangalore||Multi National Capital Market Investments CAPM Model & MM approach||4th sem- FM 2nd sem|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 3rd May||Mr. Darshan||Sr. Manager- Finance and Audit||Indian Design exports Pvt Ltd||Financial Derivatives||4th sem|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 6th May||Ms. Rasna Kapoor||Delivery Head||Branch Metrics, Bangalore||Best practices- HR perspective||2nd sem|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 7th May||Mr. Sunil kumar||AVP||Talent Recruit software, Bangalore||Pre and Post COVID -19 effects on Business in India||2nd sem|
|Guest lecture- Students mental health and wellbeing 8th May||Dr. Sanjeev Kumar||Psychologist||Happy Minds, Bangalore||Get down the Lock down||2nd sem|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 9th May||Mr. Prasanna Inamdar||Marketing & CRM manager||Blueprint Technologies, Bangalore||Impact of pandemic on Entrepreneurship in India||2nd sem|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 11th May||Mr. Manesh Kumar||HR Manager||Electronics For Imaging (EFI) , Bangalore||Getting job ready for post COVID 19 era- Skills required||4th sem (HR,MM,FM)|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 17th May||Mr. Varun||HR Manager||IBM, Bangalore||Realize and Reinvent Yourself||4th sem – HR|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 21st May||Mr. Mahaneesh Chandra||Digital Marketing Head||TBP Group, Bangalore||Digital Marketing||4th sem –FM|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 25th May||Mr. Rajesh Murthy||Manager||Digital Marketing media||Digital Marketing- a game changer||4th sem- MM|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk 25th May||Mr. Babu Janardhan||Regional Head- HR||Kapston Facilities Management Limited, Bangalore||Contemporarty HR Practices||2nd sem|
|Guest lecture 28th May||Dr. Pratap B N||Professor & HOD||East West Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Financial freedom- the art of success||4th sem -FM|
|Industry Interaction- Expert Talk||Mr. Srikanth||Delivery Head||NEXVAL, Bangalore||Leadership in times of crisis- Issues and Challenges||4th sem (HR,MM,FM)|
Name of the Event
|Forum Activity – General Quiz in Kannada Program for First Year MBA||30.11.18||Dr. V.R Manjunath Principal, Sir MVIT.||CS Seminar Hall|
|PG Orientation – 2018 MBA, MCA, Mtech||28.11.18||Dr. K Gayathri Reddy, Regional Director VTU RO Bangalore||CS Seminar Hall|
|Industrial Visit - Coco Cola, Pvt.Ltd||23.11.18||NA||Bidadi|
|Skill Development Program - Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification||04.10.18||Dr. V.S Manjunath, Trainer MSME, Mr. Ashwath Reddy, Trainer MSME||CS Seminar Hall|
|FDP - One Day FDP on Art of writing Research articles||25.09.18||Dr. John Manohar, HOD, BMSCE, Dr. Manoharan, Professor, BMCSE||CS Seminar Hall|
|Technical Events - Workshop on Secondary markets and Career Options||31.08.18||Mr.Suhas Rajput NSE Mumbai||MBA Seminar Hall|
|Graduation day||05.07.18||Faculty of MBA||Main Block Quadrangle|
|Site Visit – (Rural Marketing) for Marketing Students of IV Semester.||28.06.18||Mr. Kishore Alumni of Sir MVIT||Chikkaballapur|
|Industrial Visit – Akshayapatra on Supply Chain Management.||24.05.18||Mr. Prakash Manager||Touch Stone Organization. Bangalore|
|Technical Events - Guest lecture on Industrial Relations||19.05.18||Mr.Santhosh, General Manager, Toyota Industries||CS Seminar Hall|
|Alumni Interaction||19.05.18||Mr.Vinay Hegde, Senior Manager, Media Sale, ZEE TV||MBA Seminar Hall|
|Skill Development Program - Digital Marketing||17.05.18||Mr.Kumar, Director, National Institute of Digital Marketing||CS Seminar Hall|
|Project Exhibition||15.05.18||Dr. Shilpa – NMIT Dr. Anshurani- Reva Dr. Jogis-SVIT||MBA Dept|
|Technical Events – Guest lecture on International Marketing Management||14.05.18||Prof. M.R Jayaram Former General Manager, HMT International||MBA Seminar Hall|
|Technical Events - Guest lecture on Investment Decision||10.05.18||Mr. Shastry, Presidency University||CS Seminar Hall|
|Industrial Visit to HAL for higher semester||26.03.18||Manager, HR Dept, HAL||HAL, Bangalore Campus|
|Inceptum 2018 (Intercollegiate Management Fest)||15.03.18||Dr. Arun Bharadwaj, Founder and CEO, Happiness Technology||Old Auditorium|
MBA in Marketing, Finance and HR. Core and Dual Specialisation of Marketing, Finance & HR.
- Well Equipped Seminar Hall with High-Speed Wifi and Multimedia facilities.
- Well-equipped classrooms with projector & Wifi Connectivity
- Discussion Rooms for Student Development Activities
- Well-equipped computer lab with high broadband internet width & Printer with UPS Connectivity
- Student Welfare Office & Counseling cell
- Well-stocked Library with more than 1000 volumes of books
- Availability of NetBooks for classroom sessions
- The faculty has authored Textbooks on Management concepts which are recommended for MBA courses offered at VTU & BU
- A team of Senior Faculty are actively engaged in conducting MDP’s , EDP’s, Soft and Behavioral skills training from New recruits (Campus to Corporate transition programs) to Mid-level management executives for Manufacturing, Logistics – (Imports, Exports, and Customs depts.), Textile and IT industry helping companies succeed by equipping top-performing managers/employees to realize their potential for general management roles
- Students have actively participated and won Laurels in various intercollegiate Management events conducted by Premier Institutes like IIM- B, IISc and many more.
% of Placement
|2018-19||In progress||Convert Cart Pvt. Ltd||8 lakhs P.A|
|2017-18||67%||Resource Pro operational Solutions Pvt. Ltd||3.5 Lakhs P.A|