- Research, Innovation, Consultancy, Entrepreneurship, Product Development etc., are the key parameters of academic progress and growth, and Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (SIR MVIT) is committed towards ensuring a creative atmosphere for our students and faculty to take up such activities in emerging areas of engineering and technology. This nurtures an environment that promotes creativity and scholarship. The core lies in innovation and that comes from new ideas that very often emanate from collaborative initiatives.
- The faculty and students undertake research projects in the thriving areas of science, engineering, management and technology. Apart from conducting projects in fundamental areas, many R&D projects are excuted to tackle live problems. Faculties of various departments have received funding from agencies like DST, AICTE, DBT, ICMR, BIRAC etc. The institute aims to forge academic and research collaborations with reputed institutes and industries.
- To cultivate academic and research collaborations with national and international universities, government and industries, to meet the immediate needs of society and the industry.
- To provide a holistic enabling environment for potential researchers & entrepreneurs and graduating students so as to translate the knowledge and innovation into creation of successful products.
- To establish centres of Excellence and secure international recognitions in niche domains of Science and Technology.
Scope of R & D
- To inculcate the spirit and culture of research amongst all the stakeholders like students, faculties, management, parents and industries.
- To enhance interaction and cooperation between researchers and stake holders, for undertaking interdisciplinary and Multi-disciplinary project activities.
- To forge academic and research collaborations with national and international Universities, government organizations and industries.
- To establish links with various R&D organizations and funding agencies or venture capitalist for pursuing sponsored and contract research projects.
“Dr Priya Narayan, Associate professor, Dept. of BT, Sir MVIT and Dr. Mousami Mondal, and Team from Mallipathra Nutraceutical Private Limited, Incubatee @ Sir MVIT for won the BIRAC Innovator award -2020 during the award ceremony of the “Global Bio India 2021 held on 3rd March 2021.”
Four Indian teams the big winners in virtual Shell Eco-Marathon Asia contest. The team INFERNO won 3000 US dollars in SHELL ECP MARATHON(SEM)-2020 at Kaulalampur, Malaysia.
In support of PM’s vision “Building Aatma Nirbhar Bharath” and “Vocal for Local”, a team consisting of faculty members Dr.M.S DivyaRani, T.K Padmagayathri, and Sreelakshmi.T and students Vivek Chowdary ,Yuvaraj, Nischal and Vurchus Nagesh of 7 th sem from Dept. of ETE developed a Low cost “Organic Human Disinfectant Tunnel ”
Team Electrimo Won Best team spirit award and Overall Appreciation award @ National E – Kart championship ( NEKC) , Bhopal during 2nd to 5th March 2020 “
Dr.Mahesh K, Professor, Dept. of EEE won Dronacharya award @ National E – Kart championship ( NEKC) , Bhopal during 2nd to 5th March 2020 “
The Team Excelsior consisting of Vipul Gaurav, Vishal V, Tushar Sharma and Susmit Agarwal under the mentorship of Dr. Savita Choudhary of the Department of Computer Sciences and Engineering won the First Prize at National Convention of the AICTE Awards 2019 in Water category held at AICTE Headquarters, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi on February 23-24, 2020.
Mr. Suraj Shiv Kumar (TCE, IV Year) receiving “AEGIS GRAHAM BELL AWARD” for the National level Talent Hunt competition from Hon’ble Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari at New Delhi on 27.2.2020.
Ms. Swadi (CSE , IV Year) receiving “AEGIS GRAHAM BELL AWARD” for the National level Talent Hunt competition from Hon’ble Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari at New Delhi on 27.2.2020.
Shiv Varun (Mechanical Branch), winner of 1st prize in ‘DRDO DARE TO DREAM’ competition, receiving award from Defence Minister, Sri Rajanath Singh.
Aspartika Biotech Pvt Ltd incubated at SIR MVIT received National Entrepreneurship Award 2019 under Renewable Energy and Waste Management Category by the Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The award was conferred under the chairmanship of Union Minister Dr. Mahendranath Pandey.
Aspartika Biotech Pvt Ltd incubated at SIR MVIT has won Smart Biotech award for 2019 under category Bioindustrial Startup.
DST & Texas Instrument Inc. India Innovation Challenge Design Contest – 2017
Mr. Shiv Varun (ME), Revant. D (ECE) & Aman Sinha (EEE) received a Cash Award of Rs.3,50,000 (10-08-2018) and Rs. 10 Lakhs for SIRMVIT Awarded by IIGP – 2.0. (02-08-2018)
SMART INDIA HAKETHON 2019 HELD AT CALICUT ON 2nd and 3rd March’2019.
(L-R) Mr. Shubham Kumar, Mr. Pritish Raj, Ms. Dhanalakshmi, Mr. Saket Saurav, Mr. Vipul Gaurav With Principal, HOD and Faculty Supervisor.
M/S Aspartika Biotech Located at Sir MVIT Campus, which is being mentored by the Biotech Department (which is also a project collaborator as well) was among the Top Ten Startup Companies (Chosen from 300 innovative companies across the country) to receive the award on 5th March 2018, At Leela Palace by Minister Priyank Kharge and Dignitaries from FICCI, PWC and CNBC.
Dr. Nagendra, Sri Sekhar Raju, Dr. Ashok Mishra, Dr. V.R Manjunath and Dr. Kavitha releasing the Souvenir during the Inauguration of Four Day National Seminar on “Innovations in Science and Engineering”, 25-28 February 2019
Valedictory Ceremony of Four Day National Seminar on “Innovations in Science and Engineering”, 25-28 February 2019
Project Gannet – Amphibious Drone (Under Water Drone), selected for display at Student Pavilion in Aero Show-2019, at Airforce Station – Yelahanka (20-24’Feb’2019). Selected as one of the 5 top teams among 156 proposals from 56 top institutions including IITs/NITs & Deemed Universities. Won First Prize with Cash Award of Rs.2 Lakhs.
Inauguration of the First In-house R & D Symposium on 11 May 2018,
by the Chief Guest Dr. Dinesh from IISc, Bangalore, and other dignitaries
Principal, Sir MVIT Dr. V R Manjunath presenting a memento to the
Chief Guest Dr. Dinesh, IISc During the Inauguration function of the
First In-house R & D Symposium on 11 May 2018.
Dr. Dinesh from IISc, Bangalore reviewing the students projects
as part of the In-house R & D Symposium held on 11/5/2018
Dr. Jagannath Das from ISRO
(resource person of the In-house R & D Symposium held on 11/5/2018)
being welcomed by the Research Committee Coordinator, Dr. H G Nagendra
Mr. KVR Prasad, faculty from Civil Engineering
Department, sharing his views on the day-long activities of the In-house
R & D Symposium held on 11/5/2018
Dr. Kavitha E HOD of Telecommunication Engineering Department
being Thanked by Dr. Manjula, HOD, MCA further to the presentation by
former during the In-house R & D Symposium held on 11/5/2018
Distribution of Certificates and Cash Awards to the Winners of Best
Projects by Principal,Sir MVIT, during the Valedictory
Session of the In-house R & D Symposium held on 11/5/2018
Inauguration of the Second In-house R & D Symposium
on 15 September 2018, by the Chief Guest Dr. Jharna Majumdar
from NMIT, Bangalore, and other dignitaries
Felicitation to the Chief Guest Dr. Jharna Majumdar, from NMIT,
Bangalore, by the organizers during the Second In-house R & D
Symposium on 15 September 2018
Students and Faculty Mentor of Mechanical Engineering
who were Winners of the DST-Lockheed Martin Contest receiving
an memento from the Chief Guest, Dr. Jharna Majumdar during the
Second In-house R & D Symposium, on 15 September 2018
Dr. Jharna Majumdar, from NMIT, Bangalore,
delivering a Technical Talk during the Second In-house
R & D Symposium on 15 September 2018
Dr. Dinesh Anvekar from Vijaya Vittala Institute of Technology,
Bangalore, delivering a Technical Talk during the Second
In-house R & D Symposium, on 15 September 2018
Students taking part in the Technical Quiz Competition during
the Second In-house R & D Symposium, on 15 September 2018