Welcome to the Department of Chemistry at Sir MVIT. We started our journey in the year of 1986. Over the last few decades, we have grown our expertise and competence in the curriculum and research.
Our department has been consistently getting good results in both theory and lab examinations of VTU, Belagavi.
Our department has been recognized as R&D Centre by VTU, Belagavi. The department maintains active research groups for carrying out collaborative and interdisciplinary research. We have state of the art research facilities to support our academic programs and research. Faculty members of the department have published their research articles in reputed journals of Elsevier, Taylor & Francis etc., with very high impact factors.
Our department has a distinguished record in both teaching and research. Faculty members of the department have authored books on Engineering Chemistry. Faculty members have excellent academic credentials and are highly regarded.
- To impart quality education to students with basic knowledge of fundamentals and strong foundation in science to mould them into competent professionals.
- To provide information to students that builds within them, a strong foundation in the basic principles of science for technologies to develop problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
- To impart quality education to the students to meet the needs of society with ethics. The Department is well equipped for teaching and offers good practical training in Engineering Chemistry to meet the academic requirements of VTU.
- Students pursue profession in chemical sciences.
- Students will work in diversified areas.
- Students pursue education and focus on research activities.
|Dr. G. M. Krishnaiah||B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.,||Professor and HOD|
|Mr. H.M. Sathyananda||B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph. D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. G. K. Prashanth||B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph. D)||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Anima Upadhyay||B.Sc., M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. M. Mutthuraju||B.Sc., M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
- The Department has been getting 100 % results in the lab exams and above 95 % in theory examinations.
- The Department has been recognized as R & D centre by VTU, Belagavi.