M.S. (Research) is a research intensive programme in Engineering, essentially to prepare the Scholars to carry out research, and to develop adequate breadth in the research area. While the coursework is graded by assignments, projects and examinations, the research work is graded by the research paper/s presented in top conferences and published in journals of repute
- Candidates, who are employed and sponsored/deputed, are eligible to M.S. (Research) programme (Part – Time). Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi. VTU Regulations Governing the Degree of Master of Science (Research) [M.S. (Research)] - 2020 8
- The Candidates shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree (B.E./B.Tech.) from the University or any other University recognized by it, with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% of the marks in the aggregate. A relaxation to the extent of 5 % shall be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/Differently - abled category and any other category as notified by Government of Karnataka from time to time. For conversion of CGPA to percentage marks, the University shall consider the following expression for all the Undergraduate and postgraduate programmes: % 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑠 = (𝐶𝐺𝑃𝐴 − 0.75) × 10
- Candidates for the M.S. (Research) programmes may be
- Teaching Staff / Research Staff / Teaching Assistants, working in any Engineering College and Polytechnic Institutions recognised by AICTE either in the State of Karnataka or outside, who have put in a minimum of one year of teaching experience in Engineering Colleges / Research Organisations and sponsored by the respective Institutions / DTE in case of aided Institutions.
- Employees of the State Government/Central Government/Quasi Government Organizations /Public Sector Industries/Reputed Private Industries, who have put in a minimum of one year of working experience and are sponsored by the concerned Organizations.
- Awardees of research fellowship by nationally recognised bodies like CSIR etc., provided they have put in a minimum of one year of working experience.
- NRI/FN/PIOs who have passed UG Engineering Degree Programme, with medium of instruction in English or qualified TOFEL/ELTS. Such candidates shall be able to communicate and to submit the synopsis of Dissertation work in English language only. Foreign candidates shall hold valid passport/visa, clearance from MHRD and other documents as mandated by the GoI throughout their studentship at the University.
- The candidates who are qualified in GATE/ equivalent National Level tests. (vi)The candidates who are qualified in VTU – ETR and having validity score.
University Notification for Admission to M.S.(Research) Programme (a) The admission to M.S. (Research) programmes shall be made once in an academic year by the University. The University shall call for Applications for Admissions along with the notification issued for Ph.D. Programmes. Applications from the eligible Candidates shall be submitted as follows: All eligible Candidates satisfying the requirements shall submit their applications via the web link https://jnanashodha.vtu.ac.in for VTU – ETRFor more details visit VTU Website - https://vtu.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/1-M.S.-Research-20MSR-Part-time-only.pdf
Provision for M.Tech students to move to Integrated Ph.D. programme – I.Ph.D.
(a) Integrated Ph.D. programme is a fulltime programme
(b)The candidates pursuing M.Tech. Degree at the University and who have successfully completed the prescribed common coursework of the first three semesters of study with a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70 % aggregate marks and published research papers in ‘SCOPUS/SCI/WoS Indexed journals /UGC-CARE Approved journals’ or obtained/filed patents shall be eligible for up-gradation to the Integrated Ph.D.. Programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.
Provision for M.S.(Research) students to move to Integrated Ph.D. programme – I.Ph.D.
The candidates pursuing M.S Degree by Research at the University, who have successfully completed the prescribed coursework in the first two semesters of study with an outstanding merit of either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70% aggregate marks and published research papers in refereed journals or filed/obtained patents shall be eligible for up-gradation to the M.S Research + Ph. D Integrated Dual Degree programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.