B.E-Computer Science (IOT & Cybersecurity including Blockchain Technology)
Sir MVIT is adding a New Undergraduate Branch : Computer Science (IOT & Cybersecurity with Blockchain Technology) from the Academic Year 2022-23 which has been approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi with an intake of 60 seats. A Blockchain is a decentralized, distributed and public digital ledger that is used to record transactions across many computers so that the record cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks and the consensus of the network.
Cybersecurity refers technological solutions used to protect the integrity of networks, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. Internet of Things are sensors and actuators connected by networks to computing systems. These systems can monitor or manage the health and actions of connected objects and machines. By 2026 globally approximately 26.4 billion IoT devices are expected to be in service. It has been also projected that there would be around 11.4 billion consumer IoT devices and 13.3 billion enterprise IoT devices globally by 2025.
IoT is being used to create smart infrastructure in various verticals such as Agriculture & Smart Farming, Automotive, Defence, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Power, Safety & Surveillance, Smart Cities, Smart Homes, Transportation. Blockchain Technology enhance the security of IoT devices and their associated networks by providing a trusted sharing service, where information is reliable and can be traceable. Blockchain technology allows data sources to be identified at any time and data remains immutable over time, increasing its security. Blockchain improves Cybersecurity practices through encryption and strengthened connections.
- Building a Proficient Internet of Things Engineers with core values to solve real time problems.
- To offer state-of-the-art Internet of Things education imparting skills for building cutting-edge and innovative applications with block chain and cyber security.
- To inculcate ethically and socially committed Internet of Things professionals through value-added courses.
- Promoting research blend among students and enabling continuous learning.
- Graduates will have a strong foundation in fundamentals to solve engineering problems in different domains.
- To enable graduates to emerge as independent entrepreneurs and future leaders
- Graduates will install interpersonal skills and attitudes in the process of lifelong learning.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by learning and employing new programming skills in Cyber Security and Block Chain Technologies
- Ability to use diverse knowledge across the domains with inter-personal skills to deliver the industry's needs
|Dr. SAVITA CHOUDHARY
|ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD
|IOT & CYBER SECURITY INCLUDING BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY
- B.E in CSE (IOT & Cybersecurity including Blockchain Technology) with 60 intake
Career paths in IOT, Cyber security & Blockchain are Non-Linear & also Multidirectional.
Internet of Things (IoT) industry could be valued at up to $12.6 trillion globally by 2030, according to McKinsey research.IoT global market size is expected to reach $ 1 Trillion by 2026 from mere connectivity to IoT-powered applications, platforms, and services. Blockchain technology has the potential to boost according to PwC’s “Time for trust” report global gross domestic product (GDP) by US$1.76 trillion & creating 40 million job opportunities by 2030.In India Blockchain has the potential to boost $62.2 billion & 3.2 million job by 2030.
India’s Cybersecurity sector is estimated to create 1.5 million job by 2025 and is projected to grow by 32% by 2028.Report by the World Economic Forum (WEF) states “There is an undersupply of cyber professionals—a gap of more than 3 million worldwide who can provide cyber leadership, test and secure systems, and train people in digital hygiene"
- Blockchain Architect / Consultant / Developer / Manager / Research Analyst
- Blockchain Software Engineer
- Cryptocurrency Analyst / Developer / Mining Engineer
- Cyber Forensics Solutions architect
- Cyber Security Architect /Administrator
- Ethereum Developer
- Full-stack Blockchain Engineer
- Hyperledger Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- IoT Architect / Developer / Solutions Engineer / Systems Administrator
- IoT & Smart City – Applications Developer
- IoT Test Engineer
- IoT & Smart City Technical Support Engineer
- Malware Analyzer / Engineer
- Node Js Blockchain Developer
- Network security analyst
- Penetration Tester / Ethical Hacker
- Professions in sensors
- Security Consultant / Programmer
- Solidity Developer
- Vulnerability/Cyber Engineer
Internet of Things Linking Metaverse With The Worldhttps://www.thecoinrepublic.com/2022/07/01/iot-taking-the-metaverse-to-the-next-level/
When a real person moves to an area with variable weather, for instance, the replica of that person in the Metaverse could respond biophysically in a certain way.
Apple, Google, and Microsoft commit to expanded support for standard for a common passwordless sign-in standard created by the Fast Identity Online (FIDO) Alliance and the World Wide Web Consortium(W3C). https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/05/apple-google-and-microsoft-commit-to-expanded-support-for-fido-standard/
The new capability will allow websites and apps to offer consistent, secure, and easy passwordless sign-ins to consumers across devices and platforms.
In order to secure Consumer Internet of Things (IoT) devices, Telecommunication Engineering Centre(TEC), under Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, has released a report “Code of Practice for Securing Consumer Internet of Things(IoT)” as a baseline requirement aligned with global standards and best practices. These guidelines will help in securing consumer IoT devices & ecosystem as well as managing vulnerabilities.
India’s New Cybersecurity Directives issued by CERT-In
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), released a circular containing cybersecurity directives to government and private agencies, mandating the reporting of cybersecurity incidents.
The IoT devices must undergo mandatory testing & certification prior to sale, import or use in India, in compliance to the MTCTE (Mandatory testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment) guidelines issued by Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India under the Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Rules, 2017. National Trust Center (NTC) ensures the registration of certified IOT devices.
National Digital Communication Policy (NDCP) 2018
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations: of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an under- standing of the limitations.
- PO6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to owners own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.