DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMEThe Programme shall extend over a period of four semesters and each semester will be 16 weeks long. A Full-time candidate shall be allowed a maximum duration of 4 years from the first semester of admission to become eligible for the award of Master's Degree, failing which he/she may discontinue the programme or register once again as a fresh candidate to I semester of the programme
To empower Electronics and Communication Engineering graduates to achieve technological excellence, professional commitment and social responsibility.
- Attaining academic excellence through research and innovative learning inline industry skill expectation.
- Founding suitable environment for the students to develop professionalism with ethical integrity.
- Nurturing the students to obtain entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities for self and societal growth.
- Equipping the students to understand the societal needs and find solutions with technical expertise.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION (AS PER THE GOVERNMENT ORDERS ISSUED FROM TIME TO TIME)
Admission to I year / l semester Master of Technology Programme shall be open to all the candidates who have passed B.E./ B. Tech. Examinations of VTU or any other recognized University/ Institution with 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examination. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Category I, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%. Rounding off of percentage secured in qualifying examination is not permissible. (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates).
The decision of the Equivalence committee shall be the final in establishing the eligibility of candidates for a particular Programme. For the foreign degrees, Equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities shall be a must. The candidates who have completed their degree through the distance mode education from any University (National or International) are not eligible for admission to M. Tech programme under any quota. AMIE in respective branches shall be equivalent to B.E./ B. Tech. programs of VTU for admission to M.Tech
FOR ADMISSIONS UNDER GATE/ PGCET QUALIFICATION AND ROASTER SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA:
The candidates should be GATE qualified or should have appeared for the Entrance Examination conducted by an authority recognized by Government of Karnataka (PGCET)/VTU.
FOR ADMISSIONS UNDER MANAGEMENT QUOTA:
The candidates should be GATE qualified or should have appeared for the Entrance Examination conducted by an authority recognized by Government of Karnataka PGCET/VTU. Further, there shall be an Admissions Committee for PG Programme in each college for each branch of PG studies consisting of the Principal of the College as the Chairman, Head of the concerned Department, one senior faculty of the concerned Department as members. The Admissions Committee shall conduct the interview and select the candidates for admissions
FOR ADMISSIONS UNDER SPONSORED QUOTA:
The candidates should be GATE qualified or should have appeared for the Entrance Examination conducted by an authority recognized by Government of Karnataka PGCET/VTU/any other University on approval by Government of Karnataka.
The intake under various categories (regular, sponsored candidates and SC/ST) shall be as sanctioned by the AICTE, State Government and VTU, from time to time.
Subject to the provisions of members of the Teaching/Research Staff working in any Engineering College recognized by AICTE either in the State of Karnataka or outside and who have put in a minimum of 03 years of teaching experience on full-time basis in Engineering Colleges, Polytechnic institutions / any other institutions imparting Engineering education shall be eligible for admission to PG Programs under sponsored quota, if they are sponsored by respective Institutions / DTE members working in the State Government / Central Government / Quasi Government Organizations / Public Sector Industries / Reputed Private Industries, who have put in a minimum of 03 years of working experience and sponsored by the concerned Organizations, shall also be eligible to seek admissions to PG Programs against sponsored quota. Preference for admission under shall be given to candidates sponsored by organizations of State and Central Governments.
For further details and regulations visit:
CURRICULUM AND DETAILED SYLLABI FOR M. Tech (Electronics) PROGRAM FOR THE STUDENTS ADMITTED FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021 ONWARDS.
- Graduates will be capable of emerging and providing optimal solutions to VLSI, Embedded Systems and Networks.
- Graduates will be capable of booming out multidisciplinary research in allied areas of Embedded Systems through advanced research, personal success and lifelong learning.
- Graduates will be able to analyse societal problem and provide technical solutions.
- Grant of Knowledge Acquire in-depth knowledge of various aspects of VLSI systems in wider and global perspective, with an ability to evaluate, analyze and synthesize the existing and evolving applications.
- Critical Thinking Analyse complex engineering problems in modern VLSI systems pertaining to challenges and apply the acquired knowledge for conducting research in a wider theoretical and practical context.
- Problem Solving Model complex engineering problems in VLSI systems and evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and provide optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors.
- Research Skill Conduct literature survey, apply appropriate research methodologies, design algorithms / circuits, validate through simulation / prototype for complex engineering problems in VLSI systems.
- Usage of modern tools Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognize opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research, demonstrate a capacity for self-management and teamwork, decision-making based on open-mindedness, objectivity and rational analysis in order to achieve common goals and further the learning of themselves as well as others.
- Project Management and Finance Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply the same to own work, as a member and leader in a team, manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economic and financial factors.
- Communication Communicate with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation by adhering to appropriate standards, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning Observe and examine critically the outcomes of actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
- Kavitha Shankar secured VTU University First rank in M. Tech (Electronics) – 2005
- Savitha Unni secured University Second rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2005
- Lohith M R secured VTU University Third Rank M. Tech (Electronics) - 2005
- Saptharshi Paul secured VTU University First rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2007
- Pavithra Y J secured University Second rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2007
- Seema Singh secured VTU University Third Rank M. Tech (Electronics) – 2007.
- Yamini Shriram Bhat secured VTU University First rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2008
- Nidhi Gangrade secured University Second rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2009
- Pavitha P P secured VTU University Third Rank M. Tech (Electronics) - 2009
- Chaya B.M secured VTU University First rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2011
- Tejaswini K secured VTU University Third rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2011
- Sowmya K.V secured VTU University Third in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2012
- Mercy Subraman secured VTU University Second rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2013
- Sneha S Pingle secured VTU University Third rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2014
- K C Gouthami secured VTU University First rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2015
- Latha N secured VTU University First rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2016
- ShriyaSankar secured University Second rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2016
- Sachin V secured VTU University Third Rank M. Tech (Electronics) - 2016
- Mercy Priscilla secured VTU University Second rank in M. Tech (Electronics) - 2017
- Usha secured VTU University Third rank in M. Tech (Electronics) – 2017
Provision for M.Tech students to move to Integrated Ph.D. programme – I.Ph.D.
(a) Integrated Ph.D. programme is a fulltime programme
(b)The candidates pursuing M.Tech. Degree at the University and who have successfully completed the prescribed common coursework of the first three semesters of study with a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70 % aggregate marks and published research papers in ‘SCOPUS/SCI/WoS Indexed journals /UGC-CARE Approved journals’ or obtained/filed patents shall be eligible for up-gradation to the Integrated Ph.D.. Programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.
Provision for M.S.(Research) students to move to Integrated Ph.D. programme – I.Ph.D.
The candidates pursuing M.S Degree by Research at the University, who have successfully completed the prescribed coursework in the first two semesters of study with an outstanding merit of either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70% aggregate marks and published research papers in refereed journals or filed/obtained patents shall be eligible for up-gradation to the M.S Research + Ph. D Integrated Dual Degree programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.