Civil Engineering is considered to be one of the most diverse and versatile of the engineering disciplines. Civil Engineering contributes to modern standard of living and almost all products of modern life have contributions from Civil engineers. The Department of Civil Engineering which started in the year 1986 with an intake of 60 students, offers undergraduate programme with emphasis on fundamental theory and practice in Civil Engineering keeping in view the current and continuously changing scenarios in this discipline. The Department has established state-of-art laboratories which can provide opportunities for the students at all levels to get acquainted with the latest developments in various avenues of Civil Engineering. In addition to Teaching and Instruction, the faculty is also engaged in actively guiding student projects with an aim to generate innovative concepts and ideas or apply the existing technologies to new applications. The department is also actively involved in material testing works. We plan to undertake industrial consultancy work and also organize Conferences / Workshop for professional interaction. The faculty members in the department are a blend of experienced seniors with dynamic youngsters. The department makes efforts to continuously enhance teaching-learning environment by using best practices and innovations in pedagogy.
- To create competent, disciplined quality Engineers and administrators of global standards in Civil Engineering with capability of accepting new challenges.
- To impart quality education in civil engineering.
- To serve society by providing professional civil engineering leadership to find solution to community, regional and global problems and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology.
- To create competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of civil engineering systems and contribute towards research & development activities.
- Graduates will become leaders in the industries associated with civil engineering and become professional entrepreneurs. They will be experts working in public sector, private sector, and international organizations.
- Graduates will engage in continual learning by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will adapt to different roles and responsibilities in multidisciplinary environment by respecting professionalism and ethical practices. They will contribute to the well-being of the society and environment through responsible practice of engineering profession.
|Dr. V.R Manjunath||Professor & Principal||Ph.D.|
|Mr. H.P Mahendra Babu||Associate Professor & HOD||M.E|
|Mr. K.V.R Prasad||Associate Professor||M.E. (Ph.D.)|
|Dr. Shivanna S||Associate Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Dr. H Ravi Kumar||Associate Professor||M.E, Ph.D.|
|Ms. Anitha Jayaraman||Asst. Professor||M.Tech. (Ph.D.)|
|Mrs. Pradeepa S||Asst. Professor||M.Tech. (Ph.D.)|
|Mrs. Tamil Selvi N||Asst. Professor||M.E.|
|Ms. Ramya N||Asst. Professor||M.Tech|
|Ms. Vyshnavi D.R||Asst. Professor||M.Tech|
|Ms. R Agilin||Asst. Professor||M.E|
|Miss. Bhavya S||Asst. Professor||M.E|
|Miss. Sharanya S||Asst. Professor||M.E|
Well facilitated laboratories, seminar hall, project room, department library.
- The Civil Engineering department in association with ICI Student Chapter organized one day Workshop on “Recent Advances in Construction Technology at Sir MVIT on 1st March 2017.
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors School of Built Environment, Amity University Conducted interactive workshop on “Emerging opportunities in Built Environment Sector’’ for Civil Engineering students at Sir MVIT on 21st March 2017.
- Sri K Raghupathi, Professor, School Civil Engineering, Reva University, Bangalore delivered a Guest lecture for the subject “Hydraulic Structures & Irrigation Design & Drawing” for the VI Sem B.E Civil Engineering students at Sir MVIT on 23rd & 24th March 2017.
- The Department of Civil Engg. organized a guest talk for IV, VI and VIII semester B.E Civil Engineering Students by Pranav P, Ist Rank holder in VTU 2016-2017, Sir MVIT alumnus on 15th May 2017.
- III Semester B.E Civil Engg. students along with Dr Shivanna.S, S. visited Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC), Bangalore on 27th September 2017.
- The Department of Civil Engg. conducted a lecture for V semester B.E Civil Engineering students under career opportunities by TIME on 9th October 2017.
- A technical lecture under Civil Engineering forum was conducted for Civil Engineering students on the topic “Civil Engineering Opportunities” by Mr. Ganesh R, Eminent Technologies, Bangalore on 31.10.2017 at Sir MVIT
- The Department of Civil Engg. organized a guest lecture under Career Opportunities Program for V & VII Semester B.E Civil Engg. students by Dr. Tribhuvan Prathap Singh, of RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida on 8th November 2017.
- The Department of Civil Engg. has conducted a program for school children under Unnath Abhiyan Program on 11th November 2017.
- Mr. Pranav P VIII semester (USN:-1MV12CV038) 2016 B.E Civil Engg. passed out student created history in VTU bagging all the 12 gold medals and also secured University 1st rank in Civil Engineering branch for the Academic Year 2016-17.
- Mr. Ankit Pattanaik, 2017 passed out student of Civil Engineering (USN: 1MV13CV010) has been conferred 2017 year’s Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) Bangalore Centre’s Student Merit Award on 18th September 2017 at NIMHANS Convention Centre, Hosur Road, Bangalore, instituted by the Bangalore Centre of Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India).
- Mr. Ankit Pattnaik with USN:- 1MV13CV010 secured 4th rank in VTU exams for academic year 2016-17.
|2005||1MV01CV009||Mahesh G||VTU 9th Rank|
|2005||1MV02CV400||Murali K||VTU 7th Rank|
|2011||1MV07CV045||Rakshith Rao K||VTU 6th Rank|
|2011||1MV07CV017||Gopalakrishnan N||VTU Gold Medal|
|2012||1MV08CV061||Bhavani V||VTU 3rd Rank|
|2006||1MV02CV055||Vijay V||VTU 4th Rank|
|2015||1MV11CV058||Timir Ranjan||VTU 3rd Rank|
|2016||1MV12CV038||Pranav P||VTU 1st Rank 12 Gold Medals Best Student Merit Award 2016|
|2017||1MV13CV010||Ankit Patnaik||VTU 4th Rank Best Student Merit By ACCE|