With a mindfulness being made by the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) had shaped its own help advisory group to address any such offense or complaints with strict corrective activities which will be at standard with those issued in the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition And Redressal) Act, 2013 distributed in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, PART II-Section 1 under the Legislative Department of Ministry of Law and Justice.
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) puts stock in sexual orientation correspondence and equity in the entirety of its mediations and practices. Remembering these standards, it is imperative to guarantee a hierarchical atmosphere that is free from separation with a specific spotlight on inappropriate behaviour. For this reason, the Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee has been framed in the school.
- Prohibition of any various levelled persecution practiced in view of sex imbalance that forbids scholarly or scholastic development.
- Prevention of sexual orientation one-sided disposition with regards to the settling of the viability of work dispensed inside working hours.
- Protection of the basic privileges of women.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist ladies with realizing their rights of Freedom.
- To regard inappropriate behaviour as an offense and start reformatory activities for such wrongdoing.
- To help the distressed lady to put the grumbling.
- To protect the person who is exploited.
Types of Sexual Harassment:
- Any unwelcome lewd gestures, demands or interest for sexual favours, either unequivocally or verifiable, as an end-result of work, advancement, examination or assessment of a man towards any organization movement.
- Any unwelcome lewd gestures including verbal, non-verbal, or physical direct, for example, explicitly hued comments, jokes, letters, telephone calls, email, SMS, motions, demonstrating erotic entertainment, shocking gazes, physical contact or attack, stalking, sounds, show of pictures, signs, verbal or non-verbal correspondence which affronts the person’s sensibilities and influences her/his execution.
- Entry into particular territories reserved for female workers and understudies, with the expectation to submit insidiousness and provocation.
- Eve teasing, allusions and insults, physical imprisonment without wanting to and interruption into one’s protection.
- Act or direct by a man in power which makes an antagonistic situation at the work environment or scares the individual having a place with the other sex.
Sexual Harassment cases can be ordered into two categories:
- Quid pro quo (“something for something” in Latin) – Under the compensation type of provocation, a man or expert, ordinarily the prevalent of the person in question, requests sexual favours for landing or keeping a position advantage and debilitates to terminate the representative if the conditions are not met.
- Creation of a threatening workplace – An unfriendly workplace emerges when an associate or chief makes a workplace through a verbal or physical lead that meddles with a colleague’s activity execution or makes a working environment air which is scary, threatening, hostile or embarrassing and an assault on close to home nobility. Inappropriate behaviour and misuse harm both, individual and Organizational Health.
If you are being harassed :
- Confront and influence the harasser to understand that you are vocal and can sue him.
- Say earnestly NO.
- Do not defer to put the protestation.
Procedure of Complaint:
Any bothered woman would hold up the objection in composed and would submit it to the Committee shaped in the organization. The Internal Committee may before starting the procedure of request find a way to determine the issue between the distressed lady and the respondent through mollification.
- Severe discipline prompting detainment
- Heavy Fine
- Cancellation of admission
- Exemption from examination
Internal Compliance Committee / Committee For Prevention Of Sexual Harassment
Name & Designation
Position in CICC
Mobile Number & E-mail ID
|Dr. Maanjula Sanjay, Prof.& HOD, MCA||Chairperson||F||9886056005 email@example.com||080-28477024 Extn: 173|
|Dr. Sandhya Suswaram, Prof.& HOD, MBA||Faculty Member||F||9986408023 firstname.lastname@example.org||080-28477024 Extn: 156|
|Dr. V. Shantha, Prof, Dept. of Mech. Engg. & Warden, Sri Ket Ladies Hostel||Faculty Member||F||9449662999 email@example.com||7760011874|
|Mrs. Saraswathi R.Rao Steno & P S to Principal, Sir MVIT||Member (Non-teaching)||F||9740588700 firstname.lastname@example.org||080-28477024 Extn: 131|
|Ms. Ayushi Pratap 3rd year B.E., Dept. of Telecom||Student||F||8618406043 email@example.com||080-25243572|
|Kaushiki Krity 1st Year B.E., Dept. of Inf. Sc Engg.||Student||F||7261028129 Kaushikikrity@gmail.com||9973449442|
|Mrs. Halima R. Research Scholar, Dept. of Bio-Tech.||Student||F||8197218767 firstname.lastname@example.org||08028477024|
|Ms. Shalima Jain, Program Manager||Member from the NGO||F||9845217236 email@example.com||9845217236|