According to the research done by Jing Wang et al, entrepreneurial activities significantly promote economic development, which enhances the importance of the
innovative entrepreneurial potential of college students.Improving entrepreneurial intention and encouraging college students to establish businesses through
entrepreneurship education in universities has become crucial.
The steps taken at Sir MVIT to create Entrepreneurship, IP and Innovation eco-system
Developing an Innovative and Entrepreneurial Mind-set through Series of Activities
- Co-curricular events related to Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I & E) are being conducted by Sir MVIT
- The alumni entrepreneurs are invited to give talks on various I&E related topics and constantly motivating the students.
- Awards won by the student and faculty innovations at State/National/International Level in I & E related events
Dedicated Infrastructure & Facilities to Promote Innovation & Entrepreneurship at Sir MVIT
- Number of active Ideas/ Innovation centric Student Clubs have been established at Sir MVIT.
- Existence of Pre-incubation centre,EDC
- Existence of Incubation Unit in the campus
- Existence of IPR Cell / Patent Facilitation Unit / Technology Transfer Centre at the institute.
- Number of dedicated staff to oversee I & E activities under the leadership of a senior professor
- Number of empanelled external experts/ agencies for mentorship regarding IPR, innovation development and enterprise development.
- Number of faculty members/ staff of the HEI deputed on committees of other HEIs to mentor and support the establishment of their I & E eco-system
Generation of Innovations/ ideas with the support of Sir MVIT and recognition received
The students have participated in Smart India Hackathon. An Internal Hackathon was conducted to select the innovative ideas.The selected students participated in SIH.Among the ten teams one team was selected to participate in SIH held in Odisha
- The Team Inferno Won 3000 Us Dollars In Shell Ecp Marathon(Sem)-2020 At Kaulalampur,
- In support of PM’s vision “Building Aatma Nirbhar Bharath” and “Vocal for Local”, a team consisting of faculty members M.S DivyaRani, T.K Padmagayathri, and Sreelakshmi.T and students Vivek Chowdary ,Yuvaraj, Nischal and Vurchus Nagesh of 7 th sem from Dept. of ETE developed a Low cost “Organic Human Disinfectant Tunnel ”
- Team Electrimo Won Best team spirit award and Overall Appreciation award @ National E – Kart championship ( NEKC) , Bhopal during 2nd to 5th March 2020 “
- The Team Excelsior consisting of Vipul Gaurav, Vishal V, Tushar Sharma and Susmit Agarwal under the mentorship of Savita Choudhary of the Department of Computer Sciences and Engineering won the First Prize at National Convention of the AICTE Awards 2019 in Water category held at AICTE Headquarters, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi on February 23-24, 2020.
- Aspartika Biotech Pvt Ltd incubated at SIR MVIT received National Entrepreneurship Award 2019 under Renewable Energy and Waste Management Category by the Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The award was conferred under the chairmanship of Union Minister Mahendranath Pandey.
Intellectual Property (IP), Generation and Commercialisation
Sir MVIT-KSCST IP is constituted in collaboration with The Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST), Head by: Mr. H. Hemanth Kumar, Executive Secretary. KSCST along with Patent Information Centre (PIC), tirelessly willing to create awareness, capacity building, basic and advance training programmes on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs). Further PIC KSCST is establishing IP cells across Karnataka in Science/Engineering Institutions / Universities and Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), A professional body under the aegis of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Govt of India, which ensures focused action an issue related to IPRs and addresses the identified objectives of the policy.
SIRMVIT-KSCST IP CELL will provide support & guidance to the students, research scholar, faculty members and industry personals in & around our Institution in protecting inventions and creations.
The Objectives of the IP Cell are:
- To create an awareness about IPR among the faculty and
- To conduct workshops and seminars on
- To educate faculty about the procedure of patent
- To enable patent searches for industry and RD
- To guide inventors in respect of patenting their
Participation of Sir MVIT in I & E Initiative of MOE
- Adopted National Innovation and Start-up
- Established of Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC).
- The Institute has 10 Trained Innovation
- Participated in Smart India Hackathon (SIH).
- Facilitated Registration of ideas developed in YUKTI 0