Publications in indexed journals
- Rath K, Ranganathan P, Vasappa RK, Balasundaram ST. Superparamagnetic hematite nanoparticle: Cytogenetic impact on onion roots and seed germination response of major crop plants. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2020 Apr;14(2):133-141. doi: 10.1049/iet-nbt.2019.0189. PMID: 32433030. (Scopus; SJR:0.34) Q2
- Rashmi, K. V., N. Sathyanarayana, and S. M. Vidya. “Variations in the trnHpsbA region of Mucuna pruriens L.(DC.) varieties of India: an insight on intraspecific diversity.” Indian Journal of Agricultural Research53, no. 3 (June 2019): 284-290. (Scopus; SJR:274) Q3
- Neelagar, Ranjana, Rakshitha Yathish, Shuchintha Srinivasa, and Rashmi Kanugodu Vasappa. “Characterization of paper and pulp properties from weed species.” Journal of Applied Biology & Biotechnology Vol6, no. 06 (2018): 61-63. (Scopus; SJR:21) Q3
- Rashmi, K.V., Sathyanarayana, N. and Vidya, S.M., Validation of DNA barcoding markers in common Mucuna species of India for taxonomy and pharmacognosy applications. Plant Gene, 12, pp.98-104, December (Scopus; SJR:0.58; Elsevier) Q2
- Sathyanarayana, S. Mahesh, M. Leelambika, M. Jaheer, R. Chopra, and K. V. Rashmi, “Role of genetic resources and molecular markers in Mucuna pruriens (L.) DC improvement,” Plant Genet. Resour., pp. 1–13, March 2016. (Scopus; SJR:0.31; Cambridge University Press) Q3
- Jaheer, R. Chopra, K. R. Kunder, D. Bhat, K. V. Rashmi, and N. Sathyanarayana, “Cytogenetic and ITS-psbA-trnH Sequence Analysis for Phylogenetic Inference in Mucuna sp. of India,” Trop. Plant Biol., vol. 8, no. 3–4, pp. 108–116, October 2015. (Scopus; SJR:0.59; Springer) Q2
- K. Manjunatha.., S.M. Vidya., K.V. Rashmi., K.L. Mankani., H.J. Shilpa., S.D. Jagadeesh Singh, “Evaluation of wound healing potency of Vernonia arborea Hk.,” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Vol. 37, No. 4, August 2005. (Scopus; SJR:0.37) Q3
- K. Manjunatha., S.M. Vidya., K.V. Rashmi., K. M. Shanthala., R.Pai and K.L. Mankani, “Studies on Hepatoprotective Activity Of Vernonia arborea Hk., Against Carbon Tetrachloride Induced Hepatic Damage In Rats.” Journal of Tropical Medicinal Plants, Vol. 6, No.1, June 2005.
Publications in non-indexed journals based on students projects
- Ash, A., Chakraborty, G. and Rashmi, K.V., Optimization of Protoplast Isolation and Micropropagation Techniques in Rose. Agricultural Science Digest-A Research Journal, 40(2), 167-170. July 2020. ISSN 0253-150X
- Aparna B, Bharathi A, Yashas K, Rashmi KV, “In Vitro Propagation and Molecular Characterization of Local Accessions of Santalum Album”, NMAMIT Annual Research Journal, Vol 6, pp.9-12, December 2016. ISSN 2249-0426
DNA Barcode Sequences submitted to NCBI Genbank
||Number of sequences
||Genbank accession numbers
||KX499607 – KX499627
||KX164503 – KX164508; KX606865 – KX606911
||KX606939 – KX606958; KX661004; KX721057 – KX721059
||KX606912 – KX606938; KX721060
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Life Member of The Indian Science Congress (ISCA) with the membership ID L39883
Honours & Achievements
- Young South Asian Researcher on SCP Award at World Sustainable Development Summit 2016 held at the India Habitat Center and TERI university, New Delhi between 5th to 8th October 2016
- Best Paper Award – Won 1st Prizefor paper presentation at the online National Biotechnology Symposium – SymBiot’21 on October 16, 2021, hosted by the Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Institute of Technology in collaboration with the Institution of Engineers – Biotechnology, Manipal Chapter.
- Best Poster Award – Won 2nd Prize at the for Poster presentation at a National Conference on Advances in Plant Biotechnology organized by Dayananad Sagar University, Bengaluru on 28th January 2020.
- National Level Topper NPTEL Functional Genomics Course with 94% score during August to September 2019.
- Won 2nd Prize (Cash Prize of Rs 25,000/-) at the Anveshana 2020 State Level Science Exhibition for the project titled “Nutritional Formulations from Mucuna pruriens”.