Some Memorable Achievements on Placement Front during Current Year Placement: 2018 Passed Out
- 42 Offers Issued To Biotech Students: 03 Top Core Bio-Tech Companies Visited – Syngene, Omics International and Bio Needs.
- In TEMENOS, 15 Students Cleared Technical Interview And Went For HR. All Of Them Got Selected In HR Making It 100% Conversion Rate. (All branches were permitted)
- Accenture Picked Up 170 Students.
- 24 Offers Issued To Civil Students. Following Top Companies Conducted Campus For Civil Students: Nagarjuna Constructions, Qcrete Readymix, RCC Poles And Pipes, Taal Tech, Ritikaa Wood And Sobha Developer.
- Top Mechanical Core Visited: Cyient, Avtec, Continental Automotives, Auma, Wad Pack, Odessa, Ritika Wood, Qcrete Readymix, Weir Ensci Etc
- Top Electrical, Electronics, Telecom Companies Visited: Danske, Robert Bosch, Kpit, Continental Automotives, Cyient, Sane Lec Etc
Important Events Organised by Training and Placement Cell during 2017-18
Accenture Career Day
Accenture leadership team along with senior HR persons visited our college every year to celebrate “Accenture career day” by conducting a lot of informative events. The daylong event was attended by final and pre-final students. It was very fruitful, well planned and effectively organized event for the benefit of our students.
Best Student Award by TCS in TCS Career Day Celebration in Our College
TCS honor one best student by awarding annually from 100 top engineering colleges in India. Because of our long, fruitful and cordial relation with TCS, Our college student had been getting best student award from TCS continuously for the past 5 years.
The award is given by the leadership team from TCS during their career day celebration in college. The award carries one gold medal, cash of 10000/ and a merit certificate.
Indian Airforce Organised Special Induction Road Drives/Induction Publicity Drives in our college.
Such special induction road drives are conducted by IAF in only reputed Education institutes across the country to reach out to students towards enhancing their awareness of IAF. Our college was indeed privileged to be a nodal center for special publicity drives conducted by INDIAN AIRFORCE on 2-11-2016. 16 colleges from Karnataka were supposed to send their students (50 from each college) to participate in the event at our college. The event was hosted by our college in an excellent manner and our hospitalities, whole-hearted manpower support, infrastructural facilities etc was widely appreciated by the IAF authorities. The main attraction of the event was a specially designed “INDUCTION PUBLICITY EXHIBITION VEHICLE” to showcase various career-related information.
- “Innovation Challenge Seminar” Free seminar Conducted by Accenture in our college on 5th Sept-2017 to create awareness among the students about Technological innovation and future challenges in IT industries and how to meet these challenges. The target audience were 3rd and 5th sem students.
- Free Seminar by Manya Education on Higher Education was conducted on 7th NOV-2017. This seminar was conducted to create awareness among the students who are planning to tap global higher educational opportunities. It was attended by prefinal and final batch students.
- Free Seminar on “Mastering company specific aptitude test” was conducted BY CAREER LAUNCHER ON 02 MARCH-2018. Eminent aptitude trainer from career launcher conducted the event.
Making in Roads in New Corporate Bodies: During 2017 and 2018
We not only sustained, strengthened & consolidated our relationship with old friendly companies but also made inroads in following new companies:
- EXL limited
- SUNRISE BIZ
- All state solutions
- ARYAKA INCORPORATION
- ZS ASSOCIATES
- IMS HEALTH.
- Q CRETE READIMIX
- INTIKAA WOOD
- TAAL TECH
- BLOWHORN etc
Some High Package Companies which Visited During 2017-18 (Package ranging between 5.5 Lakhs per annum – 30 Lakhs per annum)
- Net: 30 Lakhs
- Blu Optima: 10 Lakhs
- Target Inc: 8.50 Lakhs
- Odessa Technology: 8.50 Lakh
- HPE: 50 Lakh
- VM Ware: 8.50 Lakh
- Tally Solution: 06 Lakh
- Temenos: 50 Lakhs
Some more Cherishing Achievements on placement front
- Visit of Shapur Jee Pallon Jee, Jaypee Cements, Meil and NCC Urban for Civil Students.
- Visit of Exl Limited, Komat, Cyient, Continental Automotives, L&T & Cater Pilar Etc for Mechanical Students
- Visit of Robert Bosch, Akamai, Exeter, Sasken Communication, Cyient, Pega System, Kalki Tech Etc for Electronics, Electricals and Telecom Students.
- Visit of Gati, Cummins and Lam Research Etc for IEM Students
- Visit of Micropack, Syngene and Omics International etc. for Bio Tech Students
Soft Skill Development Training Planned by Training & Placement Officer To Start from 10th Aug for Final Year Students and During Subsequent Months For 2nd And 3rd Year Students To Make Them Employable:
Keeping in view that there is a gap in academic learning & company expectations, the 7 phased soft skill Training programme has been formulated by Training & placement officer to bridge this gap. The programme is directed towards the development of soft skill and total holistic personality development of engineering & management students & is based on the expectations of the corporate bodies from our students in addition to normal academic learning. This training module is continuously updated as per the changing needs demand of the corporate world. This Training is imparted to pre-final year students in their 6th semester without disturbing the normal teaching schedule. From the year 2018 onwards we are planning to start this training when students are in 2nd and 3rd semester aw well the schedule has already been worked out and will be implemented from AUG-2018 onwards. The training is followed by a series of counseling and mentoring by Training and placement officer. The purpose of this training is not only to prepare students for on campus/ off campus interviews by making them industry ready, but to make them a true professional.
The entire Training is inculcated by our Training and placement officer (Prof. S H Khan) with 35 + years of experience on HRD related activities. The detailed Training programme is given below:
7 Phased Training Programme for Engineering, MCA & MBA Students
Phase – A:
- Understanding the parameters of competency and various competency segments.
- Concept of Total personality development.
- Teaching students to analyse, Identify & develop their individual building blocks to match the company expectations.
Phase – B:
- Developing verbal & non-verbal communication.
- Cracking telephonic interview
- Developing self esteem & confidence level through enrichment of self worth.
Phase – C:
- Developing emotional intelligence & interpersonal skills.
- Managerial & leadership skills.
Phase – D:
- Development of a positive attitude. Understanding the concept of “ Nature prevailing over nurture”
- Development of meaningful perceptions.
Phase – E:
- Value additions for self & the organizations. Inventing one’s own unending superlatives to remain competitive/ Gain competitive advantages.
- Overcoming inferiority & superiority syndromes & hesitant approaches.
Phase – F:
- Tips for successful carving one’s niche in-group interactive sessions/Group discussion
- Extensive counselling & mentoring session for boosting the morale & motivation of students to face the recruitment process without stress & strain.
Phase – G:
- Mock / simulated exercises on the above learning.
- In basket Training( Exclusively for MBA students)
The entire training is inculcated by our training and placement officer Prof S.H Khan with 35+ years of experience on HRD related activities.