To create competent, disciplined quality Engineers and administrators of global standards in Civil Engineering with capability of accepting new challenges.
To impart quality education in civil engineering.
To serve society by providing professional civil engineering leadership to find solution to community, regional and global problems and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology.
To create competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of civil engineering systems and contribute towards research & development activities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will become leaders in the industries associated with civil engineering and become professional entrepreneurs. They will be experts working in public sector, private sector, and international organizations.
- Graduates will engage in continual learning by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will adapt to different roles and responsibilities in multidisciplinary environment by respecting professionalism and ethical practices. They will contribute to the well-being of the society and environment through responsible practice of engineering profession.
Program Outcomes (POs):
The student graduating out of this programme will have the,
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering (apply knowledge).
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data for civil engineering applications (experiment analysis).
- Ability to select or identify a civil engineering system, model, analyzes and designs it sufficiently (design/development of solution).
- Ability to identify appropriate performance criteria and solution methodologies to engineering problems and creatively apply appropriate methodologies to solve problems (conduct investigation of complex problems).
- Ability to apply appropriate codes and state-of-the-practice analytical and design tools for the design of civil engineering systems and components (modern tool usage).
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context (engineer and society).
- Ability to design and construct sustainable systems by considering various environmental issues (environment and sustainability).
- Ability to identify ethical concerns and to make decisions for the safety of the public (ethics).
- Ability to lead and follow in a in an interdisciplinary team (individual and team work).
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal forms (communication).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the engineering and management principles to manage projects (project management and finance).
- Ability to expand acquired knowledge through self-learning and appreciates the importance of self-improvement for maintaining and expanding one’s capabilities (life-long learning).
Programme specific outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Identify the broad context of civil engineering problems, including describing the problem conditions, identifying possible contributing factors, and generating alternative solution strategies.
- Design the fundamental elements of civil engineering systems, system components and processes, with a good understanding of associated safety, quality, schedule and cost considerations.
- Undertake laboratory, field and other data collection efforts using commonly used measurement techniques to support the study and solution of civil engineering problems.
- Employ mathematics, science, and computing techniques in a systematic, comprehensive, and rigorous manner to support the study and solution of civil engineering problems.
- Synthesize analysis results to provide constructive and creative engineering solutions that reflect social and environmental sensitivities.
- Exhibit good teamwork skills and serve as effective members of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Articulate and justify technical solutions to diverse audiences through oral, written, and graphical communication.
Civil Engineering Department Teaching Faculty
|Dr B.R. KARNURE|| PROFESSOR & HOD
||Ph.D||Vastu & Feng Shui structures
|Mr. H.P. Mahendra Babu||Associate Professor
|Mr. K.V.R. Prasad||Associate Professor||M.E. (Ph.D.)||Highway & Transport Engineering|
|Dr. Shivanna S||Associate Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D.||Economic Geology
|Mr. H. Ravi Kumar||Associate Professor||M.E. (Ph.D.)||Structures
|Ms. Anitha Jayaraman||Asst. Professor||M.Tech.
|Mrs. Pradeepa S||Asst. Professor
|Mr. Sreenatha M||Asst. Professor||M.Tech||Highway Technology
|Mrs. Tamil Selvi N||Asst. Professor||M.E.
|Ms. Ramya N||Asst. Professor||M.Tech
|Mr. Suresh B||Asst. Professor||M.Tech||Highway Technology|
|Vyshnavi D.R||Asst. Professor||M.Tech||Environmental Engg.|
|R. Agilin||Asst. Professor||M.E||Irrigation water management
|Ms. Bhavya S
||Asst. Professor||M.E||Water Resources Engineering|
|Ms. Sharanya S
||Asst. Professor||M.E||Irrigation water management|
Acheivements of the department
1) Sri K.V.R Prasad, Asst.Prof. presented a research paper on ‘‘Study on utilization of waste plastics in Bituminous mixes for Road Construction”, at International Conference on “Futuristic Innovation & Developments in Civil Engineering”(ICFIDCE13) held at Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi conducted by Dept. of Civil Engg. from 18th to 20th April 2013.
2) Sri H.Ravikumar, Asst.Prof. published in International Journal titled Performance evaluation of self-compacting fibre reinforced concrete infilled tubes under axial compression.
3) Sri H.Ravikumar, Asst. Prof. presented a research paper titled “Experimental Behaviour of Circular HSSFRC filled Steel Tubular Columns under Axial Compressions” at an International Conference on Recent Innovations in Civil Engineering held at PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga from 25th to 27th October 2013.
4) A paper entitled Groundwater Studies in Chickaballapur District, Karnataka authored by Dr Shivanna S. & Smt Pavan has been presented by Dr Shivanna S., Asst. Prof. in the 2nd National Conference on “Futuristic Technology in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development”(NCRTEC-14) organized by the Department of Civil Engineering, held on 10th May,2014 at SJBIT, Bangalore.
5) Dr Shivanna S., Asst Prof. & Smt Pavan, Asst Prof. Dept of Civil Engineering participated and presented a paper tilted Muncipal Solid Waste Management in Bangalore city : Current status and Future Directions at the International Conference on Civil Engineering organized by The Society of Information Processing, Bengaluru and Vijaya Vittala Institute of Technology, Bengaluru which was held from August 21st to 23rd 2014.
Smt Pavan has published the same paper in the proceedings of the International conference on civil engineering ICEE 2014 Bangalore, India (Aug21-23,2014), pp 120-126, Elsevier Science & Technology publications.
6) Sri H.Ravikumar,Asst Prof. & Smt Pradeepa S., Asst Prof. Dept of Civil Engineering presented a oral paper titled “Investigation on Property of Light Weight Polystyrene Concrete” in ICRAES – 2014 held at M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru from 4th to 6th September 2014.
7) Dr Shivanna S., Asst Prof. Dept of Civil Engineering submitted a paper on “Ground Water Pollution – A case study of Mandur Landfill site,Bangalore – Karnataka” for the International conference on Advances in Sustainable Materials and innovative technologies in Civil Engineering to be held at Nehru college of Engineering, Coimbatore on 13th & 14th October 2014.
8) Dr Shivanna S., Asst Prof. Dept of Civil Engineering submitted a paper “A GIS based Morphometric Analysis & Associated Landuse study of Dakshina Pinakini river basin, Chickballapur & Bangalore districts, Karnataka” to the Journal of Applied Hydrology.
9) Sri H. Ravikumar, Associate Professor, Civil Engg has published in an International Journal a paper entitled Support Vector Machines Technique in Analysis of Concrete – Critical Review published in volume 1, Issue 9 October 2014 (ISSN 2348-8050).
10) Smt Pradeepa S. & Smt Anitha J., Assistant Professors, Civil Engg. have published
in National Conference at SJBIT, Bangalore a paper titled “Precursor Compounds –
A Review of the Material in Self – Healing Concrete on 10th May 2014.
11) Smt Pavan, Assistant Professor, Civil Engg. published a research paper entitled Muncipal Solid Waste Collection and Disposal in Bengaluru City – A Review In
I JERT, volume 3, Issue 07, July -2014.
12) Smt Pavan, Assistant Professor, Civil Engg is one of the authors of the paper titled Decentralized Composting of Muncipal solid Waste in Bengaluru City – An Overview published in IJRET journal,volume 3, Issue 6;June 2014.
13).Sri H.Ravikumar, Associate Professor, Civil Engg has published a paper titled “A Study on Predicting the Axial Load Capacity of Concrete Filled Steel Tubular Columns Using SVM Technique” in a National Conference on Recent Advances in Infrastructural Development – 2015 held on 25,26 & 27th March 2015 organized by JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore.
14)The Board of International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Engineering has awarded a certificate to Sri K.V.R Prasad, Associate Professor in recognition of the publication of the paper entitled Use of Pet (Poly Ethylene Teraphtalate) Waste in Bituminous Road Construction – A Critical Review published in Volume 2 Issue 4, April 2015 (ISSN 2348-8050).
15) Dr Shivanna S., Associate Professor presented a paper “Water Quality Assessment for Agriculture in Chikkaballapur District and attended the 3rd National Conference on “Futuristic Technology in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development held on 9th May 2015 conducted at SJBIT, Bengaluru.
16) Sri K.V.R Prasad, Asso. Prof. presented a research paper titled “Laboratory Performance & Evaluation of Bituminous mixes using PET waste” in the one day national seminar on “Advances in Structural, Highways & CADD Engineering held on 19th May 2015.
Contact Details of HOD
Dr. B.R. Karnure
Professor & HOD
Dept. of Civil Engg.
Hunasamaranahalli, International Airport Road
Bangalore – 562157
Phone – 080-28477024/25/26
Ext : 103
Mobile : 09591147014
Email : [email protected]