The department was set up in 1998 with an annual intake of 30 students and subsequently enhanced to 60. Over the years, the department has established well-equipped laboratory with internet facility and excellent library. It offers an excellent academic environment to boost complete personality development, increase the capabilities and confidence of both the teachers and students to take up the challenges of the dynamic socio-technical world. The department has organized Seminar series by eminent personalities from industry, academia and from Professional bodies. The dept. has organized various workshops to upgrade the technical and teaching skills of the staff. The dept. encourages participation in National/International conferences to present research papers. The faculties of the dept. has published several research papers in various reputed National/International journals and conferences where the papers are published in IEEEXplore/Springer series. To support creativity amongst the students, we have brought forth the departmental forum called “PRAYOG”. Other activities like ALUMNI Meet and Parent-Teacher meetings are conducted regularly.
- To develop professionals having good knowledge skills and attitude to be competent enough in the global environment, to serve the society and IT industry.
- To establish an environment for education and skill development on par with global environment.
- Providing state of art facilities, to achieve high quality in computer applications.
- To inculcate social and ethical responsibilities among the students to serve society and industry.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEO’S)
- PEO 1: Educate students to be successful computer application professional in a global environment.
- PEO 2: Enhance the student’s prospects for a career in academics and provide access to higher degrees by research programs and practice lifelong learning.
- PEO 3: Provide exposure to cutting edge technologies and training to work on multidisciplinary projects in a team.
- PEO 4: Develop a sense of social, ethical and professional responsibility with a capacity to demonstrate an understanding and application of the human dimension of technology and impact on mankind.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- PO 1: An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Data Structures, Algorithmic principles, Database Management & Programming Languages.*
- PO 2: An ability to use to Schedule and Manage a Project.
- PO 3: An ability to use techniques and skills necessary for Computer Applications.
- PO 4: An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- PO 5: An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer based system, component or process to meet desired needs.
- PO 6: An ability to model and simulate real time systems to conduct experiments and analyze using modern tools.
- PO 7: An ability to design and construct a software system to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety and sustainability.
- PO 8: An understanding of professional, legal and ethical issues and responsibilities as it pertains to computer applications.
The Department has a team of experienced and competent faculty members. Innovative teaching techniques are used in class rooms to make teaching and learning more effective and interesting. Teaching faculties are specialized in areas like Application development, Data mining, Wireless Sensor Networks, Graph mining and Advanced web technologies.
Teaching and Non-teaching Faculty Details
|Name of the Staff||Qualification||Designation|
|Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti||MCA, M.Phil, Ph.D||Professor & HOD|
|Ms. Lakshmi .K||MCA, M.Phil.,||Associate Professor|
|Ms. SujathaAnand||MCA, M.Phil.,||Associate Professor|
|Ms. Latha. R||MCA, M.Phil.,||Associate Professor|
|Ms. VaniHarave||MCA, M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Muthuramalingam B||MCA,M.TECH||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Raghavendra Rao B. G||MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Vasantha S||MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Sneha Bharti||MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Komala. R||MCA||Assistant Professor|
Mr.PRABHAKAR Clerk / Typist
Mr. LAKSHMAPPA Peon
MCA Forum- Prayog
MCA Forum – Prayog, is a platform for developing the overall personality of the students to make them industry ready. Towards this, it conducts various workshops, seminars and guest lectures regularly. Aptitude test training, workshops on advanced web technologies, android application developments etc, to mention a few are regularly conducted.
The newsletter ‘Pragati’ show cases the departmental activities, faculty and students achievements.
Research and Development
The department has a R&D laboratory with high-end systems with tools for research like NS2 and other open source tools. Faculty members have published many research papers in national and international conferences and journals.
Ph.D Guide – Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti
Number of candidates: 4
Specialization: Data mining, Deep Learning and Data Analytics
The following staffs are involved in Research
|Sl.No.||Name of the Staff Member||Specialization||University|
|1.||Ms. Lakshmi K||Data Mining||Alagappa University|
|2.||Ms. Komala R||Cloud Computing||VTU|
|3.||Mr.Muthuramalingam B||Wireless Sensor Networks||VTU|
- Manjula Sanjay Koti, Satheesh Kumar, “A study on goals of process mining in health care”. International conf. on advanced computing in Engineering & Technology, Feb 17, 2017, Bangalore.
- Manjula Sanjay Koti, Samyukta D Kumta,”Classification Techniques applied to Educational Data”, International conf. on advanced computing in Engineering & Technology, Feb 17, 2017, Bangalore
- Manjula Sanjay Koti, Alamma B.H, “An Insight into Big Data Analytics – Methods and Application”,IEEEInternational Conference on Inventive Computation Technologies, August 26-27, 2016, Coimbatore.
- Manjula Sanjay Koti, Alamma B.H.,“Impact of Big Data Towards The Application of Healthcare Systems”, International Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Technology, Singapore, May 21-22, 2016(Received Best Research paper award)
- Manjula Sanjay Koti, Satheesh Kumar, “A Study on goals of process mining in healthcare”, International Journal of Control Theory & Applications, Vol 9, Issue 42, pg:247-250, 2017.
- Manjula Sanjay Koti, Samyukta D Kumta, “Classification Techniques Applied to Educational Data”, International Journal of Control Theory & Applications, Vol 9, Issue 42, pg:241-246, 2017.
- K.Lakshmi, Associate Professor published a research paper on “Efficient mining of Frequent Sub graphs” Presented the paper in the IEEE International conference on Current Trends in Advanced Computing, March 2017.
- Muthuramalingam B, Assistant Professor published a research paper on “Reliability and energy management issues in cognitive wireless sensor networks-A literature review” at International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and technology ISSN-2454-5031, July 2016.
- Sujatha Anand, Associate Professor, published a research paper on “A novel addressing Technique for Internet of Things with a review on its operating system” at International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology Vol. 1 issue 7 ISSN: 2455-2143 16th May 2016.
- Latha R, Associate Professor, Ms. Vaniharave, Assitant Professor,
Ms. Sneha Bharti, Assitant Professor published a research paper on “ERP+CRM=An Amplified Profitability of Business” At International journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology ISSN: 2319-8753, Volume 5, Isuue 6, June 2016.
- Vasantha S, Assitant Professor , and Mr. Raghavendra Rao B G , Assitant Professor published a research paper on “Impact of AJAX in Web Application Development” at International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 5, Special Issue 6, ISSN(online)-2320-9801 ISSN(print)-2320-9798 July 2017.
- Komala R, Assitant Professor, published a research paper on
“Introducing Novel graph database cloud computing for efficient data management and bipartite clouds” at International Journal of engineering research and applications [IJERA] Dec 2016.
- Manjunath and Mr.Kiran Kumar, student of 6th semester MCA published a research paper on “Impact of AJAX in Web Application Development” at International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Volume 5, Special Issue 6, ISSN(online)-2320-9801 ISSN(print)-2320-9798 July 2017.
- Around 10 students have donated blood in Blood Donation camp organized by NSS Unit of SirMVIT
- Participated in inter-collegiate Techno-cultural fests conducted in various other colleges like MSRIT, RNSIT.
- Sridhar Guzzu, of Code Tantra Hyderabad gave a demo of “Cloud Based Application for Training and C and C++ Programming” on 31st March 2017.
- The Department of MCA conducted a Seminar on “Big Data Analytics and Hadoop”on 6th April 2017. Resource person for this Seminar was Mr.PrabhudhattaPraharaj Delivery manager, TCS, Bangalore.
Workshop /Conference/Symposium Conducted:
The Department of MCA conducted two days workshop on “Taking Charge”- Preparing for an Interview on 18th and 19th Aug 2016. Resource persons for this workshop were Mr. Rama Harave, Practice Head – Learning Solutions, Eka Consultants India, Bangalore, Mr. Adrian Andrade, Eka Consultants India, Bangalore.
The Department of MCA conducted one day Seminar, “Cashless Transactions” on 8th Feb 2017 to create awareness for the surrounding villagers. Resource persons for this Seminar were Chakravarthy SKS Manager, Kotak Mahindra bank Ltd. and Mr. B C Srinivas Assoc. Professor, Department of CSE, Sir MVIT.
The Department of MCA conducted three days workshop on “Programming and application development using Python” on 9th, 10th and 11th March 2017. Resource persons for this workshop were Rama Satish KV, Asst.Professor Department of MCA RNS Institute of Technology, Prof.Shreedevi Asst.Professor Department of MCA RNS Institute of Technology, Prof.Vadiraja A Assistant Professor Dept of Information Science & Engineering Jyothy Institute of Technology, Prof.Bharatesh Chakravarthi Assistant Professor Dept of Information Science & Engineering Jyothy Institute of Technology.
Workshop /Conference/Symposium Attended by Faculty:
- Komala R, Asst. Professor attended two day workshop on “Python Programming” organized by Acharya IT,Bangalore, on 24th and 25th Jan 2017 and attended five days workshop on “Advances in Engineering mathematical models” organized by BMSIT Bangalore on 9th to 13th Jan 2017and attended one day workshop on “Emerging Technologies for IT Teachers” organised by Regional office, Bangalore on 26th Sep2016.
- Muthuramalingam B, AsstProf.attended five days workshop on “Advances in Engineering mathematical models” organized by BMSIT Bangalore on 9th to 13th Jan 2017 and attended 2 days residential F.D.P on “FEET”- By Suprajiv Foundation Bangalore organised by E.C. Centre White Field , Bangalore on 25th and 26th November 2016 and attended one day seminar on “INTEL XEON PHI-LAUNCH” organised by RITZ CARLTON HOTEL Bangalore on 23rd Sep 2016 and attended one day FDP on “Intellectual Property Rights” organised by Sir MVIT, Mech. Engg, Bangalore on 27th July 2016.
- Vasantha S, AsstProf. attended two day workshop on “Python Programming” organized by Acharya IT, Bangalore on 24th and 25th Jan 2017 and attended one day workshop on “Emerging Technologies for IT Teachers “organised by Regional office, Bangalore on 26th Sep2016.
- VaniHarave, Asst. Professor and Mr. Ragavendra Rao B G, Asst Prof. attended two day workshop on “Python Programming for Data Science and IOT” organized by RNSIT Bangalore on 27th and 28th Jan 2017.
- Lakshmi K, Assoc. Professor and Ms. Latha R, Assoc. Prof. attended one day workshop on “Smart living –IOT opportunities & challenges” organized by TCS, Whitefield Bangalore, on 10th February 2017.
Parents and Alumni Meet:
The Department of MCA conducted Alumni and Parents Teachers meet on 22nd April 2017. Parents appreciated the efforts taken by the department to improve the performance of the students. The HOD requested the parents to visit the department regularly to get to know about their wards. Also they met the LG’s and faculties handling classes for their wards.
Most of our Alumni are working in reputed IT firms and they interact with our MCA Students and share the knowledge on latest trends in the industry and gave tips to face the interview. This kind of interaction will build confidence in students to achieve their goals.
Computer Society of India (CSI) facilitates research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals. To be beneficiaries of the facilities, all MCA students are made members of CSI.
Most of our students have been placed in reputed software firms
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION – Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti
- Received Research Excellence award from Institute for exploring advances in Engineering in 2017.
- Member of BOE for Visvesvaraya Technological University for the academic year 2017-2018
- Received Best Paper award at the International Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Technology, Singapore, May 21-22, 2016
- Received Best Paper award at the International Conference on Methods and Models in Engineering and Technology, 2012
- Countries visited-Dubai and SriLanka for research presentations
- Certified Software Test Professional from International Institute for Software Testing,
- Certified for Mission 10X program from Wipro Technologies, Bangalore
- Certified by Dale Carnegie for High Impact Presentation skills
Delivered Technical talks on Data Mining, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence,
Design of Algorithms
EDITORIAL/ADVISORY BOARD – Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti
- Advisory board member for International Journal of Technology and Applied Engineering
- Reviewer for International Journal of Data Mining and Emerging Technologies
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Engineering, Basic Sciences, Management and Social studies
- Reviewer for International Journal of Data Mining and Emerging Technologies
BOOK PUBLISHED – Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti
- Published a book on Database Management Systems, Thakur Publications, ISBN 9789383922260
Dr. Manjula Sanjay Koti
Professor and Head
Dept. of MCA
Sir MVIT, Hunasamaranahalli,
Via Yelahanka, Bangalore- 562 157
Phone: 91-80 – 28467248/ 28477024/ 28477025/ 28477026
E-mail: [email protected]
Extn: 172 (Office), 173 (HOD)