Vision and Mission of the Department
- To create a center for imparting technical education and conducting research at the cutting edge of technology to meet the current and future challenges of computer science.
- To create technical manpower for meeting the current and future demands of industry.
- To recognize education and research in close interaction with industry with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in the young men and women entering the portals of the Institute with sensitivity to social development.
State the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies ,R&D, entrepreneurship and higher learning.
- To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of the software, understand the technical specifications, design and provide novel engineering solutions and efficient product designs.
- To provide exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training & opportunities to work as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
- To prepare the students for a successful career and work with values & social concern bridging the gap between industries and academia and meeting the requirements of Indian and multinational companies.
- To promote student awareness on the lifelong learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes for professional practice
|PO1||Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.|
|PO2||Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|PO4||Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|PO6||The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO7||Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.|
|PO8||Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.|
|PO9||Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO10||Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.|
|PO11||Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one?s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO12||Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.|
Program Specific Outcomes
|PSO1||An ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and specialization to analyze, design and implement complex computer based systems|
|PSO2||An ability to investigate a problem by analysis, interpretation of data, design of experiments, implementation through appropriate techniques, skills and tools to provide valid conclusions|
|PSO3||Be able to imply the engineering and management principles to function effectively as an individual, member or leader in diverse teams and multidisciplinary settings and also to communicate effectively on technical subject matters|
|PSO4||An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security issues, societal responsibilities and indulge in life-long learning|
Computer Science Engineering Teaching Faculty
|Prof. Dilip K Sen||M.Tech (Electronics)||Professor & HOD|
|Dr. G C Bhanu prakash||M.S, Ph.D||Professor|
|Dr. Suma Swamy||M.Tech, Ph.D
|Dr.Savitha Choudhary||M.Tech, Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Sheela S Kathavathe||M.S, (Ph.D)
|Mr. Srinivasa B.C.||M.S, (Ph.D)
|Mrs.Pallavi R||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Rekha B N
||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs.Chethana walkvekar||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mrs.Sowjanaya Lakshmi A||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mrs.Ajina A||MBA, M.E, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mrs. Salma Banu N K||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mrs. Susheela Shidnal||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mr. Revanasidappa B Bandi||M.Tech||Asst.Professor|
|Mr. Shreyas Suresh Rao||MS, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mr. Elaiyaraja P
|Mrs. Savitha P
|Mrs. Mayuri K.P||M.Tech||Asst.Professor|
|Mr. Ravi Kumar H.R
|Mr. Ravindra R Patil||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|Mrs. Mohammedi Gousiya Kousar
|Mrs. Muthulekshmi S
|Ms. Dhivya V
|Mrs. Supriya H.S
|Mrs. Monika Rani H.G
|Mrs. Sapna R
|5||Mrs.Radhika R||M.Sc(CS), (Ph.D)||Programmer|
|6||Ms. Shwetha C||B.E||Network Administrator|
1.Mrs. Mayuri K P, Mr. Ravikumar H.R, Mrs. Savitha P were published a paper titled “ Label Propagation technique using Memory for detecting communities in social networks” the International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering in July 2015, vol 6, Issue 6, ISSN: 2277 128X. pp. 690-695.
2. DrG.C.BanuPrakash, NarendraBabu C.R were published a paper titled “A New Approach to Reduce Food Wastage using Ubiquitous Technique” OMICS open access International Journal
On Food Processing Technology, Vol6, Issue10, ISSN 2157-7110 on July 27th 2015, USA.
3. Mrs.Sheela S KathavatePublished a paper titled “A Survey of Cache Replacement Policies for Multicore Processors” in the International conference on Emerging Computation and Information Technologies (ICECIT 2013) held at SIT, Tumkur, Karnataka, published by Elsevier. ISBN: 978-93-5107-176-1.
4.Mrs.Sheela S KathavatePublished a paper titled “Efficiency of Parallel Algorithms on Multi Core Systems Using OpenMP”, in International Journal of Advanced research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJARCCE), Volume 3, Issue 10, 2014,ISSN (Online): 2278-1011, ISSN (Print): 2319-5940. Impact Factor 1.770
5.Mrs. Ajina Published a paper titled “Comparison Of MANET and sensor in Ad Hoc Network”, in International journal of Computer Technology and applications(ijcta)
Volume-6 Issue 2, March-April 2015, 340-346, ISSN 2229-6093
6. Mrs. Ajina Published a paper titled “A Study of QoS algorithm for WirelessMultimedia Sensor Networks”, in International Journal of Computer ScienceEngineering (IJCSE) Vol. 4 No.04 Jul 2015, 203-207, ISSN 2319-7323.
7.Mrs.Ajina Published a paper titled “Energy Efficient, Power Aware RoutingAlgorithm for Sensor Network”, IJCTE cited by 3 Vol. 3 No.01148-152,
8.Mrs.Ajina Published a paper titled “A Proposed Model For Traffic Signal Preemption Using Global Positioning System (Gps)”, AIRCCJ Vol. 3219-226.
9.Mrs.Savitha Choudhary, Sridhar Mishra, Siddanth Koul, Dr.Arun J.Bpresented and published
a papertitled “Design of Handwritten signature verification using java-python platform” ERCICA 2015, at NITTE, Bengaluru and received best paper award.
10)Mrs. Salma Banu N.K
1. NEEDS ASSESSMENT APPROACH TO PRODUCT BUNDLING IN ENTERPRISE BANKING
IOSR INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
ISSN: 2278-0661 VOLUME 3, (JULY-AUG, 2012),
2. IN-MEMORY DATABASE SYSTEMS – AN OVERVIEW
CONFERENCE ON COMPUTING TECHNOLOGIES AND TRENDS (NCCTT) -2013
RLJIT, 20-21, MARCH 2013
Paper had been Presented and Published in the Proceedings,
- Mrs. Salma Banu N.K.&MrRevanasiddappaBandiattended 4 Days VTU-
VGST sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Big Data Analytics“ from 8th
June to 11th June 2015 at VTU Center for PG Studies, Muddenahalli.
- Mrs. Salma Banu N.K &Mrs Mayuri K.P attended one day workshop on Research Methodology RM-2015 at Sir M.V.I.T on 16th May 2015.
- Mrs Mayuri K.P attended one day workshop on “Innovative teaching Methodologies” atSir M.V.I.T on 21st July 2015.
Workshops/Conferences/ Lectures conducted
- Mrs.Ajina A and Mrs. Mayuri K P were organized a two days Hands on Workshop on
“Android APP” Development by Apps Fluxus on 12th& 13th of September 2015.
1) Vaitheeeswaran of 7th sem CSEhas got internship as a site reliability engineerat Freecharge (Snapdeal).
2) Karan Saxena of 5thsem CSE has got internship as engineering internat Freecharge (Snapdeal).
Dr. Suma Swamy receiving her Ph.D Certificate in the 35th Convocation of Anna University, Chennai dated 5th November 2014
One day workshop on “Big data analytics using hadoop” on 14th February 2015